Corrutped MP4 file.

Reaction score
Anyone having problems with corrupted MP4 files? Anytime I shoot a video immediately after taking a photo in RAW format, my MP4 files are corrupted.
When I try to open them in Lightroom I get the message: Unsupported or damaged file. When I shoot video only, there's no problem.
The only way around this is after shooting RAW images is to land, transfer the images off the card and then re-format the card. After doing this the video files are fine.

put the SD card back into the camera and turn on the system as normal.

the camera will repair the file. (thats if you forgot to stop recording with the app or on a go pro pushed the stop button.)
let the cam stay on for 2 min or so.
then turn off the system as normal and check the file again.

most of the time you will lose 10 to 30 seconds of the end of the clip.

Remember always stop recording before power off. and when removing from your computer stop the card in windows in the tool bar
and with mac just drag it to the trash, (don't worry it won't erase it.) When the icon disappears from the desktop then you can pull the SD card out.

Hey man i dont know if you link or not pirated programs if not let me now...but if you want i can give you a program (that is the same that i use) and also the key code for restoring video files....

If you want to try it the have a demo version is here Grau GMBH. Its awesome. Have restored all my gopro and other cameras videos so far.... here is the software page http://grauonline.de/cms2/?page_id=5 and this one is the download link for the demo version: http://grauonline.de/download?id=362f74 ... 017e7ab31b

If you like it and want to restore the full video let me now, send me a private message.

Thanks for the reply's!
It looks like it was a bad card. I tried two different cards without any problems.
The card wont format when using the DJI app and doesn't even show up when try to import the files via the USB reader.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1