Corrupted Video Files - No Matter What I Do

Reaction score
I too have tried every suggestion I can find on the forum. New fast scandisk cards properly formatted, NEVER shutting down without shutting off camera, you name it - I've tried it. Still get corrupted files every time I go out.

I can watch each whole video on my iPhone before shutting down. But that does not ensure that the file will play on the computer.

Yesterday I did 5 short flights taking a new video each flight (each clip under 2 minutes). Never shut down during this time. Checked the album after each landing to see if I could play them. Each time I could. So I shut down to change location. After reconnecting, I went to the album and 2 of the 5 previously viewed videos now would not play.

The theory of leaving the card in the camera and restarting never fixes them.

So I changed sd cards, and went back to shoot these clips again. This time I decided to cover the whole thing with one 11 minute flight and video. Landed and watched the whole video on my phone. All good. Packed up and drove to the next house to film. Started up, reconnected and the 11 minute video now was not playable.

I have tried every MP4 software tool I can find, and nothing fixes them. I am about to pull my last few hairs out! I cannot continue to waste time like this! I would like to download each video to my phone before shutting down - but they take so long to download, that I've run out of battery before the transfer is complete. Sheesh!

Okay fellas - any suggestions? Did I get a lemon?

Have you tried reinstalling firmware? Maybe bad firmware update?
Follow these guidelines below:

To update camera ( Phantom 2 Vision ONLY ):

Turn on phantom, in app ( FORMAT SD-card ) make sure you get your pictures and video off first, as card will be entirely erased, upon format )
Insert card into PC, OPEN CAMERA FIRMWARE EXE, UNZIP FILES, RIGHT CLICK ON ( FIRMWARE BIN ) and copy it, now open SD-Card, and paste under DCIM. ( not IN DCIM, UNDER IT.)
Next insert SD-Card into phantom, turn on phantom, green light on camera, will turn yellow while update installs, then it will turn green, reboot phantom, and light on camera goes from yellow to green light right away, letting you know update successful. Now reformat card or erase ( FIRMWARE BIN ) file from card.
That is it. There is a video at DJI ON THIS AS WELL.
( under phantom 2 vision ( VIDEOS/ camera firmware update )

Hope this helps!

Thanks Jerry - yes - I've done that twice now.

Earlier, I thought that maybe I was not giving the camera enough time to write to the card - but - by watching each video on my phone (from the card) - that must kill that theory.

Will keep trying - but I admit - I've stymied....

Just had another idea,
Once a while ago, while uploading videos to my PC ( external hard drive )
My computer acted up, causing a restart, upon restart, my files were corrupted?
They were fine before restart on PC?

Do you have another PC avail?
Try once on another PC see if same problem occurs!

Also check card reader, maybe IT is the problem,
And not phantom? ( I've had micro SD CARD READERS fail before )

Just a few thought, might as well exhaust all options, before return or
Repair!

Hope this helps! Keep us updated!

What settings are you filming at? Try reducing to 720p and see if that makes any difference.

jjwags,
I can possibly fix your video if you want. I just posted a seperate thread to that effect. If you want contact me at [email protected]. If I fix it there will be a nominal charge due to the time involved in getting it working. We can discuss that privately. Just throwing that out for you. Hope you get your videos working. I have two videos one which I really wanted to keep that were corrupted after working on it for a little over an hour I got it working again. I also tried 10 different software solutions nothing worked. There is one company called treasured that I uploaded the video to and they pulled out like 10 thumbnails on it which were definitely from my video. Only problem is they charge 199.00 to fix any video and that was way too expensive for my taste. So I searched and searched. The solution i found takes a little to get going but it did fix my file. Once fixed it was a little choppy trying to play back as a quicktime file..so you have to reencode it I used VLC software to do that. anyway if interested as previously mentioned contact me.

If I were in your place, I would transfer the videos to my iPhone ASAP. At least then, you would have a copy.

Thanks everybody for the suggestions!

Jerry - the corruption happens BEFORE I get to a card reader. Files that were fine cannot play next time I fire up the Phantom camera - without removing the card at all. Never all of them, and never in the same order.

Madwak - I used to film at 1080 / 60. While waiting for my RotorPixel gimbal, I thought those settings would allow me to change to 24 FPS in editing, so that I could at least slow down the jerkiness. Since the corruption started, I've been at 720 / 30 the whole time.

abacus01 - Thanks - but the object is to fix the problem.

Darwin - I've tried that, but they take so long to download, I've run out of battery in the middle of it.
Keep suggesting - maybe we can come up with something I haven't tried! Thanks again!

Man,
This is a tough egg to crack?

Only other thing would be to disassemble camera, which I have done before
It is pretty simple, I can walk you through, there is 1 part you need to be SUPER CAREFUL.
Or you will ruin a board, which I did, but got lucky a local guy had a spare camera with damaged lens, he supplied the board for free, ( I was attempting to mod the antennas, ended up destroying a board, but now I know! The rest is cut and dry!
I'm wondering if something is loose, or ? Inside camera housing?

Sometimes the pins back out of the micro plugs ( while looks plugged in, in reality, is not )
Just scrutinize EVERYTHING! Is be happy to help, any way I can!

Or where the SD card plugs in, maybe a bad connection there? Sometimes connects, sometimes malfunctions?

Please let us know?

Hi everyone
sounds like I got a similar problem. have done all the rebinds, updates, sd card firmware, resolution drop whatever, still cannot get past one frame without the video freezing.
Guess I'll have to follow the advice coming up on the forum which I am most grateful for as support @ dji seems to be non existent

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers