Corrupted images and video despite new microSD card - getting blanked settings for camera sporadical

Reaction score
Came back from my first flight last week and found I had 3 corrupted images and 1 corrupted video. Happened with loading images via card reader and connecting directly to the Phantom. Figured it was the microSD card (Sandisk Extreme 64gb from Amazon).

Did an RMA for the card and went out tonight. Did some test shots at home - fine. Formatted card in the drone - fine. Went out to shoot and just came back - 4 corrupted images and 1 corrupt video.

I was getting high wind warnings and, during an attempt at video, the camera/video functions all blanked out showing n/a for shutter, etc. Came back and I took a shot. That happened once with video and 3-4 times with stills so I'm guessing that was the cause of the corrupted files.

The question I guess is why am I getting these errors as I'm trying to shoot?

P4P and remote updated to latest firmware as of 12/10/2016. Running on iPad Air with iOS 10.

Actually, looks like 16 out of 61 images are corrupt

Many were part of a bracket as was using bracketing 3 shots vs single shot for stills

One corrupt video

So did you get the same card for your return? And Extreme should be fast enough to handle this bird I believe.

Yes - did a swap for same card. I put the stock one in and will see what happens.

Went out tonight with the stock card and all was well but only shot stills. No camera freezes though and no corrupted images which is huge. Wonder if it is the size of the card or if Amazon has a batch of counterfeit Sandisk cards (had that issue once years ago with CF cards from them).

So now I'm wondering if Amazon just has bad stock of these Sandisk Extremes or if others have suggestions for different cards.

Anyone using the 64gb Sandisk Extreme without issues?

So now I'm wondering if Amazon just has bad stock of these Sandisk Extremes or if others have suggestions for different cards.

I have 4 of the 64gb Extreme Pro's that I rotate through without a hitch

Reactions: eoren1
I bought a 128gb extreme, video recording stops and starts repeatedly first flight with it was choppy. today flying a poi and it was choppy. I'm going to try going back to originally stocked card and see if that helps. Does any one else have the video length limited to like 5 minutes in 4k or am I having a problem??

I have a 128 SanDisk Extreme and it was messing up yesterday by not wanting to record videos. It would run for a few minutes and stop, it did this twice. Both of the videos that stopped were corrupted. I have the original 16gb card and it worked without a hitch. I format the 16gb card prior to using it.

Prior to this I did flash the new firmware with the 128gb card inside and I didn't format like I usually do because I had done it previously in the drone. Later that evening after finding the bad videos I put the 128gb back in the drone, formatted it, and let it sit in my kitchen recording for 5-6 minutes. It didn't stop recording like previously. Perhaps it needs to become a step for right now to format prior to flight to make sure the drone and card are happy with each other.

Ticks me off because I had a really cool shot flying through a picnic shelter and as soon as the proximity alarms went of it stopped recording. I formatted the card in the bird just before flight.

I have 32GB sandisk extremes from costco and they work fantastic. I have gotten counterfeit sandisks on amazon before and had issues like this (not with a P4P, but with a camera)

Came back from my first flight last week and found I had 3 corrupted images and 1 corrupted video. Happened with loading images via card reader and connecting directly to the Phantom. Figured it was the microSD card (Sandisk Extreme 64gb from Amazon).

Did an RMA for the card and went out tonight. Did some test shots at home - fine. Formatted card in the drone - fine. Went out to shoot and just came back - 4 corrupted images and 1 corrupt video.

I was getting high wind warnings and, during an attempt at video, the camera/video functions all blanked out showing n/a for shutter, etc. Came back and I took a shot. That happened once with video and 3-4 times with stills so I'm guessing that was the cause of the corrupted files.

The question I guess is why am I getting these errors as I'm trying to shoot?

P4P and remote updated to latest firmware as of 12/10/2016. Running on iPad Air with iOS 10.
Check your cable long, while more short cable is better, long cable reduce your Image and video up to 1080 ... check it and get best definition

Sent from my SM-G935F using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan