Corrupt videos

Reaction score
Recently I have a few videos corrupt when trying to play on on iPad. Seems to be 1/10 videos start to play then freeze. Anyone else have this problem? Any ideas what it could be? I just ordered a new 32 gig Sandisk SD, hoping that's the problem.

You're playing the videos from your SD card on your iPad? Or are you just playing back the cached videos? If the latter, a new SD card won't help. If the former, do they also freeze on a PC?

Recently I have a few videos corrupt when trying to play on on iPad. Seems to be 1/10 videos start to play then freeze. Anyone else have this problem? Any ideas what it could be? I just ordered a new 32 gig Sandisk SD, hoping that's the problem.
Videos played fine on IOS 8.4. After upgrading to iOS 9 your videos will drag like like hell. iOS 9 is a resource hog and has pretty much ruined the DJI Phantom experience for a lot of us.

It's not that they are playing slow. They are freezing on both the iPad and computer.
It's most likely the sd card write speed being too low. I recommend the fastest possible, Best Buy will usually match B&H's prices. I use the sandisk extreme plus U3 XC I, it's a class 10 and plenty fast enough. It's around $50 or $60 at B&H for the 64gb and over $100 at best buy, but as I mentioned, they will price match B&H. I actually think the ones that come with the phantoms are too slow. If your card doesn't fix the issue, then it's the processing power and video card in your pc. An iPad Air 2 will play the videos fine, but I'm not certain the lesser iPads will, unless you compress the video down from 4k to 1080 or 720. Good luck.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic