Corrupt video files on SDCARD

Reaction score
I seem to be having issues with a corrupted video files here and there.. rebooting/re-record new isn't fixing them.. they just won't play and have a timestamp from 2007.. sandisk 32gb HC sdcard.. (same as stock).. anyone else? I cannot seem to find an MP4 repair utility that works on them... had the same BS issues with the AR.Drone 2.0.. lol.. erg

I always stop recording before powering off, etc..

this happens if you turn off the phantom before stopping the recording on the phone.

Put the sdcard back into the phantom and power it back up. It should fix the files however it will cut off the last 30 seconds of the video.

You did not mention if you had tried to "Format" the sd card....If I were doing this, and had been experiencing the problems you outline, I think I'd put the micro SD card in my PC and do a full format....and then....put it in the Phantom and do a "format" from the DJI app that way as well.

And...have you tried this with a second...new....Micro SD card?? Might be worth the investment.

Jayson Hanes said:
I seem to be having issues with a corrupted video files here and there.. rebooting/re-record new isn't fixing them.. they just won't play and have a timestamp from 2007.. sandisk 32gb HC sdcard.. (same as stock).. anyone else? I cannot seem to find an MP4 repair utility that works on them... had the same BS issues with the AR.Drone 2.0.. lol.. erg

I always stop recording before powering off, etc..

Sounds like you have a bad memory card. I just had one a bad one that cost me a couple of videos.

Jayson Hanes said:
I have everything on it that I've recorded so far.. pics, vids, etc. .. but fair enough, I will try re-formatting it and see how it goes.. I was wondering if I needed to buy a higher-speed card but I discovered that what I'm using is the same as stock.. thanks guys

I use the SanDisk Ultra 32 UH1/Class 10 cards. Just ordered two off Amazon for $20 each. That's the same type card that failed, btw. They do make duds...lol

You can always try using ffmpeg to fix a video. I managed to extract frames from one of my corrupted ones, but couldn't be bothered figuring out the whole command line necessary.

Jason - I have been having the same problem.

I too have tried everything that has been previously suggested. I purchased 3 new scandisk ultra cards. Formatted all of them. Happens with each. I can watch the whole video on my iPhone before shutting down. But that does not ensure that the file will play on the computer.

Yesterday I did 5 short flights taking a new video each flight (each clip under 2 minutes). Never shut down during this time. Checked the album after each landing to see if I could play them. Each time I could. So I shut down to change location. After reconnecting, I went to the album and 2 of the 5 previously viewed videos now would not play. Shutting down and restarting never fixes them.

So I changed sd cards, and went back to shoot these clips again. This time I decided to cover the whole thing with one 11 minute flight and video. Landed and watched the whole video on my phone. All good. Packed up and drove to the next house to film. Started up, reconnected and the 11 minute video now was not playable.

I have tried every MP4 software tool I can find, and nothing fixes them. I am about to pull my last few hairs out! I cannot continue to waste time like this! I would like to download each video to my phone before shutting down - but they take so long to download, that I've run out of battery before the transfers complete.

Okay fellas - any suggestions? Did I get a lemon?

Ive had two video fles corrupted, because i didnt stop the video before shutting it off. I was able to fix the file. Im thinking of attempting to fix others files. There will be a nominal charge if im successful, if anyone is interested let me know.

Just my little routine to assure completed video files....

Hit end on your video recording... don't power off yet... back out of the camera tab in the app... Click the album tile... Click the sd card icon... you will see "today's" videos and pics... and you will notice it takes awhile to generate the thumbnail for the most recent recordings... let it sit for awhile until you see a photo in the thumbnail to ensure the video is through processing before powering off the phantom... done deal :ugeek:

Thanks - but I thought I explained that I even watch each file completely on my phone before shutting down.

Something else is happening here....

As I said in my previous post; FFMPEG is capable of extracting frames from the corrupted mp4s. All you need to do is determine the correct frame rate and length to extract the whole video as images, then reconstruct it with an image sequencer. It's much easier with the Vision because there is no audio!

I've downloaded it - but cannot figure out the command line.

Do you have one (or more ) that work? The documentation sure is confusing....

I have several corrupt mp4's that ffmpeg cannot do anything with.. I've tried several methods on them and it just spits out a bunch of errors.. I have literally tried for hours to exercise every process I could find where someone said that whatever example worked for them. None have worked for me. So far, out of 100 flights, I have 8 bad near-full flight videos (and none of them were automatically repaired, and I didn't turn the phantom off too soon etc etc).. and this is also with a brand new ultra sd card (which in its defense, has only had 2 corrupted files in my last 60 odd flights).

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj