Corner Stuttering problem

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've run into a problem where I'm getting some stuttering in the corners of my footage.

Take a look here,
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7qTu_6EgFU[/youtube]

Here's my current setup:
Hero3 Black Edition
2.7k Cin 24fps
Protune, Camera Raw
ND Filter
Zenmuse H3-3D Gimbal
White Dampers

I've applied optics compensation and graded the footage as well using After Effects.

Any help would be appreciated as it's stumping me. Maybe it's just the Hero3 Black.

This is just a guess but it might be related to 24fps being played back at 30fps on YouTube and it's more noticeable in the corners because that's where the action is fastest. Are you seeing the stutter in the video file right out of the camera? If so, perhaps it's related to a slow microSD card and 2.7k.

I thought it may be the dampers? I also feel like the ND filter isn't doing much to reduce the shutter, it's a 3 stop filter, so it should be more than enough. I wonder if the camera is compensating by upping the ISO. Too bad its a Hero3 Black and not the 3+ which lets you address the max ISO.

I don't think it's the card, its SanDisk Ultra Class 10, 32GB.

The footage is doing this in AE, so it's not youtube. It's too hard to tell in the original fish eye'd footage, but noticeable once I apply optics compensation.

When I first looked at the video I was watching the trees and it looks like there were some frame drops... that's the issue I thought you were referring to. After looking at the clouds I see what you mean. If the video is stuttering right out of the camera I would agree it's likely jello effect.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik