Copper shielding

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if the copper or aluminum foil shielding with the sticky back that is sold on the internet really work? I was wondering if it is something I should pick up and install.

Copper or aluminum does work as an RF shield. Whether or not it will help and to what extent in your particular situation depends on other factors.

It will not hurt or add any significant weight or other negative side-effects.

Can anyone tell me if the copper or aluminum foil shielding with the sticky back that is sold on the internet really work? I was wondering if it is something I should pick up and install.

I shielded the GPS on a non-Phantom quad, and got lock about 30 seconds faster and with 1-2 more sats depending on location. I still have to try a UK-made GPS shield on one of my Phantoms. Just a little short on time right now, so it'll probably happen after the Holiday rush.

I was wondering if it was worth trying, it seems like it takes me forever to get a GPS lock it literally takes about 4 minutes. It is the Phantom to non vision but I do have an aftermarket gimbal and a GoPro attached with FPV transmitter

It's a simple mod to do and would be well worth if it works.

I was wondering if it was worth trying, it seems like it takes me forever to get a GPS lock it literally takes about 4 minutes. It is the Phantom to non vision but I do have an aftermarket gimbal and a GoPro attached with FPV transmitter

While you have your Phantom open, it may be worth it to check on the state of your GPS patch antenna. Sometimes they crack and that really messes with reception. Another of the parts I have waiting to go on one of my P1.1.1s is a thicker patch antenna from Amazon. It's supposed to give a very nice improvement in signal strength and sat count.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen