Copper Shielding on Vision 2 Plus Now Video Drops Satellite

Reaction score
I have a DJI Vision 2 plus. Yesterday I did the copper shield mod. When testing the satellite count is good when the video is NOT on. Once you turn the video on the satellite count drops sometimes to even 0 counts.
I brought it down and put a new battery on. Took off once again without the video this time. 9 Satellites. Once up at 300ft or so I took a picture. No satellite drop, so the video on is the one that is making it lose the sat count. Any recommendations on what to do once I open it again? I saw some people wrapping the GPS cable on electrical tape and putting it back under the shield. Does this work?

Thanks in advice for your comments.

Juan

Re: Copper Shielding on Vision 2 Plus Now Video Drops Satell

put a piece of copper foil above the gimbal mount / bellow the battery tray

here is the picture.

this will solve your problem.

Attachments

• 10911406_10205878920199325_9135354185298175177_o.jpg
    10911406_10205878920199325_9135354185298175177_o.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 670
  • 1900314_10205878920959344_6422463435892945948_o.jpg
    1900314_10205878920959344_6422463435892945948_o.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 642

here is another picture

Attachments

• 10634013_10205878919799315_4497915016648369245_o.jpg
    10634013_10205878919799315_4497915016648369245_o.jpg
    399.5 KB · Views: 623

he already has GPS shield installed, the problem is the camera interfering with the GPS signal and i've found that
foil between the camera and battery resolves that issue.

hunch said:
he already has GPS shield installed, the problem is the camera interfering with the GPS signal and i've found that
+1 :D

hunch said:

hi...kind of a newb question but i see copper foil is available in a conductive or non conductive adhesive. for this application would you use non???
tia
rbt!

hunch, my mistake. I thought the OP posted those pictures of his "shield mod" above :(

rbtNmke said:
hunch said:
copper foil is available in a conductive or non conductive adhesive
Conductive is best if you need to use more than one piece of foil (width-wise). The conductive adhesive ensures the signal does not get through where the foil overlaps.

msinger said:
rbtNmke said:
hunch said:
copper foil is available in a conductive or non conductive adhesive
Conductive is best if you need to use more than one piece of foil (width-wise). The conductive adhesive ensures the signal does not get through where the foil overlaps.

thank you! i see mcmaster handles it.....is there another source you would recommend??

Thank you for the suggestion. I will do that and test it. I hope it works.

You can get it on Amazon , but the aluminium works just as well , you can get that at a hardware store. I used it and it fine. Some guys have said it works better. It's used for duct work sealing.

Obijuan,
are you located in US.
PM me your address and i'll send you enough copper tape so you can do this above the camera.

hani

PS: msinger: no worries! LOL!!!

I have to tell you, the best thing I did was replace the original gps puck antenna. I beleive I soldered a 3db puck antenna and now I get up to 12 satellites. And no interference with the video. I must say I did do the aluminum foil and copper foil mod also. But even doing the foil mods I can't say I saw much improvement. But now that I replaced the antenna puck, I have no more worries.. It should have been like that from the factory. I bought the puck from Digikey online after reading someone elses post. Very happy now.

Well , did u take any pics or any info on the puck

I'm gonna crack open my P2 this weekend to install my FPV system. Luckily, my GPS antenna came in today, so I will definitely be doing this and the copper tape mod while I have it opened up.

craigelinor said:
I have to tell you, the best thing I did was replace the original gps puck antenna. I beleive I soldered a 3db puck antenna and now I get up to 12 satellites. And no interference with the video. I must say I did do the aluminum foil and copper foil mod also. But even doing the foil mods I can't say I saw much improvement. But now that I replaced the antenna puck, I have no more worries.. It should have been like that from the factory. I bought the puck from Digikey online after reading someone elses post. Very happy now.

There is some good information about the GPS antenna upgrade in this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=32311

This information may also be of some help.
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=33453

It's always nice to get feedback if you decide to look to the plug connector as a possible solution. Please let us know how you make out, as the GPS plug has been of concern for some time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan