Copilot

Its live in the app store and I received an email. But not entirely convinced about it given lack of 3D map coverage. Anyone trying it for £29?

$39.99..Ouch. For that price it better work really well. I feel a little burned buying Autopilot and not having the best results. I'll let someone else do this experiment before I buy.

$39.99..Ouch. No thanks, I'll just fly my shots manually. I mean it could be worth it if it were really really good, but that's an expensive experiment if it fails.
That's way over priced! I really don't see the benefits of this app. I payed $24 for Autoflight app when I had my p2v+ and to this day I still haven't used it on my P3.

I would like to have used it before spending £30, especially as most of us will not have 3D coverage I think, I knew it was not going to be cheap as no one would say a price. Until I see a video on the 2d side of it I'll wait

Just took a look at their facebook page. Evidently the current price is promotional at 20% off. So, after Octoboer, it's gonna be $50 and I bet they round up the price in £ to £40..you know to get a nice round number.

It seems to be almost in beta. You require to have developer firmware in the copter, TX and lipos for it to work. Interesting app though but i will sitback until it works on the regular firmware and the maps are fullt implemented.

And this is the basic version, how much will the pro version be and what will it do, not impressed with the way they are doing things, should have let us have a 5 flight demo then buy like auto pilot

no offense- I beta tested this app and it sucks.... most of it is due to their choice to use apple map with its limited 3d coverage. check out this standford research paper app for the 3dr Solo using google earth API on how to really implement 3d preview for aerial filming:

Reactions: skyeboysteve
Shame about the feedback, based on reality or not, but I'm pulling the pin and won't buy the app just now.

That's way over priced! I really don't see the benefits of this app. I payed $24 for Autoflight app when I had my p2v+ and to this day I still haven't used it on my P3.

Autopilot in my opinion is much better then the DJI GO. Orbit Mode, Zip Line and Target are great features. Soon to be including waypoints as well. Runs very smooth. I rarely use GO anymore, unless it to check flight records on healthydrones. Which should be compatible with Autopilot soon.

I fly in a pretty windy area and I've found autopilot to be pretty bad at compensating for wind.

No issues with wind here.. The other day it was roughly 15mph and I was orbiting around a single tree in a open field and it was very smooth and steady. Be sure to have completely balanced props, especially on windy days!

My props are totally balanced. Used a dubro with the threaded rod.

Errors with wind seem to happen using zip line mostly. It makes really long arcs instead of going straight.

What a bunch of tight wads, you have well over $1500 to $2000 in you drone, batteries and cases and whine about a $40 app that has the appearace of being wonderful. If $40 dollars for an app is too stiff for you, you have problems elsewhere. I have downloaded the app and played with it on my Ipad Air II and if it does what it is supposed to do, it's worth more than $40. Wow, $40, give me a break fellas.

You go from one sentence saying that we are tightwads to commenting on how much a P3P setup costs.

My problem is obviously not with spending money, I mean I've already shelled out over $2k for my P3P setup. My problem is with spending money on something that doesn't return an equal or greater amount of value to me. As a DIY enthusiast and RC aircraft hobbyist who works in video and film production, maybe I'm not their target market.

This app sure doesn't do anything that I'd consider to be worth $40. It does one thing. It also relies on an app with incomplete map data and it requires me to spend a ton of my own time to get the developer firmware installed on my P3 and transmitter. If they can get it to the point where it has more than one feature, uses more reliable map data and doesn't require me to jump through hoops to use it then i would consider possibly paying that amount.

Also, it's really unfair to call someone cheap because they don't see the same value that you do in an app.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl