CoPilot for P3 videos

Reaction score
Have you guys seen the CoPilot homepage video? They blatantly imply it's acceptable to fly over people and in urban areas. This is just what we need, a software company endorsing bad behavior to a bunch of newbies, behavior that's totally contrary to FAA guidelines. I sent them a note requesting them to redo their video and they just said "I'm sorry you feel this way", instead of taking down the video. This is a total disrespect for responsible flying, or total ignorance, I'm not sure which. We don't need this complicating our image problem. If you agree with me, write this guy below and complain. I'm certainly not going to buy their product.

[email protected]

I havent seen it. I have seen the dji video with the p3 filming inside a church with people in it. And the CASA (Australian version of FAA) fly safe video with (presumably) drone footage from inside Sydney Harbour.

I havent seen it. I have seen the dji video with the p3 filming inside a church with people in it. And the CASA (Australian version of FAA) fly safe video with (presumably) drone footage from inside Sydney Harbour.
Yeah, that church video is ludicrous too. Fortunately Mitch Segura had some prop guards on, and it looked like he knew what he was doing. But can you imagine the noise the Phantom made in the church? Even I wouldn't try that for my daughter regardless who's doing it, and I'm gung-ho with drones, but no way, too intrusive. Times are changing, we need to be careful we don't give the press more dirt to hammer the hobby.

Ive watched it now John, agreed it potentially sends a bad message. If you have concerns with the video you will really enjoy reading the FAQ on their website. APP relies on apple 3D maps so only works in major cities... oh and it gets better, if you use the app to plan your mission you will probably avoid (according to them) 80% of obstacles..... examples of things you are likely to not avoid include cranes and new buildings... disaster waiting to hapoen.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl