Coordinating with Aerial Sprayers?

Reaction score
I live in a big farming area near a small airport that serves relatively busy aerial spraying traffic. I'm looking into starting a mapping/surveying business but we have a lot of aerial sprayers flying out of that airport. The "crop dusters" tend to fly very low (so in most potential drone-legal airspace) and there's no way I can see that I can coordinate or otherwise let the pilots know if/when I will be flying (posting a notice on the pegboard at the airport office?). Since they fly so low, you can't hear them coming until they're right on top of you so it's nearly impossible to just "keep an eye out" for them. Once they've flown over the first time, you can figure they'll be back and forth on that route several times as they make round trips to get the entire field covered.

How do you deal with crop dusters/aerial sprayers when they can basically appear anywhere at almost any time and there's no way to guess where they're coming from or otherwise coordinate with them?

Find out who they are from by any ID on their plane and out of what office and call that office to see when and where they'll be? Probably not that many places to call and inquire either.

I agree the drone is pretty noisy and can mask out their sound which seems quiet in comparison due to distance. Bad part is they might call in on you too and that will be another "Drone make for bad news" item.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.