COORDINATE TO A HILL ???

Reaction score
Hello Guys,

I'm a very new user for phantom.

My question is; if there is a hill front of the phantom and if I order to coordinate the phantom to go top of this hill by GPS. Does it goes directly to the top automatically without any risk of crash or should I be so carefull about it ?

Thanks for your kind respond

June8

You want to have an idea of the approximate height of the hill and program your waypoints to stay above it.

Where I live our trees are all at about 80 = 90' high but the hills around me can be much higher so I have to be very "aware" of altitude when using autonomous mode to fly.

Also remember that the aircraft will travel to the point and height linearly so make sure there are no small trees in the climb out!!!

Hope you enjoy flying but be very very careful these machines are smart but they need a good leader to make them work! :D

Dear Friend,

First off all Thank You very much for your kind and quick respond.

I've got your points very well.

To programming waypoints only includes the ways of directions. When we program it we shouldn't expect the gps will automatically calculate the height of the hills or mountain or etc.

Thanks again

june8 said:
Dear Friend,

To programming waypoints only includes the ways of directions. When we program it we shouldn't expect the gps will automatically calculate the height of the hills or mountain or etc.

Thanks again

GS works only in 2 dimensions.
The 3th dimension in this case is YOU !

june8 said:
Dear Friend,

Thanks again

Please think before asking such questions. How'll the p2v+ even know the height of the mountain ahead of you and how'd it know where you want it to be and its heading.

Google maps (maybe just earth?) seems to have elevation information. I don't have much experience with the waypoints, however, the waypoints map on the app looks a like like google maps. It would be cool if that elevation info layer would be "known" to the phantom.

___ said:
Google maps (maybe just earth?) seems to have elevation information. I don't have much experience with the waypoints, however, the waypoints map on the app looks a like like google maps. It would be cool if that elevation info layer would be "known" to the phantom.
Technically non feasible

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl