Cool demonstration of Sport Mode

I copied and pasted what you said - there was no "misquote."

I was responding to this sentence specifically: "Who on earth would be buying it just for its flight dynamics?!!"

There have been several here over the years who have lamented that whichever version of the Phantom they owned was unable to keep up with boats/bikes/skiers, etc., etc.
Now there is a Phantom who will be able to follow at fast speeds while video tapping. Some sports videographers will be buying just for this ability ("flight dynamics").

Having recorded video using my racing quads (which can fly up to 45 mph also) without a gimble, I am quite sure that the video on the P4 at those speeds with a gimble will be fine.
I have to say that from what we have seen in various test videos, the Phantom 4 does not follow objects very well in autonomous mode (tap to follow). It's like the current wifi and lightbridge experience different users have... the environment makes a difference to the final result which is hit and miss. Also i thought i saw where tap to follow or tap to go as well as several other DJI GO app features are not available in Sport Mode. I'd love hit tap to follow a motorbike/car/boat in Sport mode, but alas it doesn't appear to be an option in this version of the P4

I have to say that from what we have seen in various test videos. The Phantom 4 does not follow objects very well in autonomous mode (tap to follow). It's like the current wifi and lightbridge experience different users have... the environment makes a difference to the final result. Also i thought i saw where tap to follow or tap to go az well as several other DJI GO app features are not available in Sport Mode.
Yes, I imagine the "tap to follow" feature is going to be full of issues for now. I was referring more to the ability to simply fly FPV at those speeds while keeping your subject in the frame. This will be exactly what some have hoped for.

I wonder if the shell material has been strengthened to withstand that kind of stress.
Lets see what the first ones buying it will say, if there are no crack issues like the P3....

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I will let you know in the next week or so.

Last edited:
I will let you know one week from this Friday. I'll get my P4 a week from today and then the following Friday I will be out with my RZR racing through the desert with my P4 in pursuit. Then YouTube links will follow shortly after.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I wish my pickup would also top out at 200 mph, stop on a dime, and get 30 mpg...and haul my 5th wheel

I'm going to get a phantom 4...it looks so much less fragile

A P3P's gimble would probably snap with those maneuvers

A P3P's gimble would probably snap with those maneuvers

I am wondering if that is why they used a motor on each side of the camera for the P4, that p3 camera would probably flop around with all those g forces

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20