Cool demonstration of Sport Mode

Reaction score
Skip ahead to 6:20 in this video to see a bit of the P4 and it's agility in Sport mode:

Reactions: JakeMaxxUAV
Skip ahead to 6:20 in this video to see a bit of the P4 and it's agility in Sport mode:

Since the whole purpose of the Phantom is to capture images I do not see the purpose of this video as no footage from the phantom's camera is shown. Who on earth would be buying it just for its flight dynamics?!!

I wonder if the shell material has been strengthened to withstand that kind of stress.

Since the whole purpose of the Phantom is to capture images I do not see the purpose of this video as no footage from the phantom's camera is shown. Who on earth would be buying it just for its flight dynamics?!!
The speed and flight duration are both useful to me. I often fly a mile away, loiter and explore for things to photograph or capture with video. Getting there quicker and the extra 5min flight time can double my loitering time in many cases. SAR benefits from these two improvement too. But that's just me. I think they designed this bird for me, and few others. :p

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Totally agree. People also act like a quad, flying agile in sport mode, is a sensation, ha ha.

its a nippy little blighter for sure, but I don't really see the point the Phantom is a flying camera/tripod

reckon the footage will be 'iffy' at best

I worry the phantom is trying to be something that its not.

Do people use the phantom to 'race' quads?

I wonder if the shell material has been strengthened to withstand that kind of stress.

I'd say the inners have definitively

74c2ac1c8590256f549e9aa0bc23a3d1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just wanted to point out how agile the p4 is compared to the p3. Of course I don't think people will get good video flying it like he did but the benefit I see is that it can fight it better if you get caught off guard by some unexpected wind. Also it is still a flying camera but is obviously built more sturdy to endure added stress on the arms. And lastly, it looks like he is having a bit of fun with it so who cares what it is or isn't, we know 250 size racers or 3D quads can be more fun to fly but who cares, this is the Phantom Pilots forum.

I'll be using mine to capture video of my family and I running around in our RZR. I think the 45mph speed of the P4 in sport mode will make for some nice video. As long as you're not flying it the way he was.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Well since they are training Eagles to swipe drones, and there are big drones with nets to capture drones I couldn't be happier with the sport mode. If I see a big drone coming at me I'll hit that switch and jet!

Some people like to capture images of fast moving objects and tail them - makes great video. BMX bikes, MotoCross, Skiers and Snowboarders, water skiers, etc. Now we will have a drone that will keep up with some of these sports!
For real estate videos, it serves no purpose...

Some people like to capture images of fast moving objects and tail them - makes great video. BMX bikes, MotoCross, Skiers and Snowboarders, water skiers, etc. Now we will have a drone that will keep up with some of these sports!
For real estate videos, it serves no purpose...

Youve mis-quoted me.. My point was that if there is no video to accompany how good the sports mode is, then the video is virtually useless on its own merits. I'm not saying that the Phantom 4 necessarily takes bag video in sports mode… Because I simply do not know as I have not seen any video.

Youve mis-quoted me.. My point was that if there is no video to accompany how good the sports mode is, then the video is virtually useless on its own merits. I'm not saying that the Phantom 4 necessarily takes bag video in sports mode… Because I simply do not know as I have not seen any video.
I copied and pasted what you said - there was no "misquote."

I was responding to this sentence specifically: "Who on earth would be buying it just for its flight dynamics?!!"

There have been several here over the years who have lamented that whichever version of the Phantom they owned was unable to keep up with boats/bikes/skiers, etc., etc.
Now there is a Phantom who will be able to follow at fast speeds while video tapping. Some sports videographers will be buying just for this ability ("flight dynamics").

Having recorded video using my racing quads (which can fly up to 45 mph also) without a gimble, I am quite sure that the video on the P4 at those speeds with a gimble will be fine.

Last edited:
The speed and flight duration are both useful to me. I often fly a mile away, loiter and explore for things to photograph or capture with video. Getting there quicker and the extra 5min flight time can double my loitering time in many cases. SAR benefits from these two improvement too. But that's just me. I think they designed this bird for me, and few others. :p
Yeah this would be great, but I'm wondering how much battery power one would have remaining if Sport mode is used to travel a mile to a destination for filming.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie