convine me !!!

kai

Reaction score
Hi all

I am new to this forum to learn more about the DJI Phantom

I am thinking of getting a DJI phantom 2 with the Zenmuse H3-3D
but it does not come cheap

I got question to ask and hopefully, you guy can help me decide if I gonna get one or not

1.) is the Phantom is to fly ???? I worry if I crash and damage it, then that a lot of money gone

2.) any one experience a fly away and the drone just disappear and never came back ?

hope you guy can help

Re: inconvine me !!!

If you are truly that worried buy a cheap quadcopter to learn to fly. Many of the cheaper ones don't have gps etc and as such are harder to fly. If you can fly them you can succesfully fly a Phatom. The combination you want is a good choice.

The Phantom is very easy to fly, but I strongly recommend reading every bit of the instructions and understand what everything means before you take off.

Look into the TBS discovery line as well. Read their forums as well. You might actually want to go that way instead of P2

seminole360 said:
The Phantom is very easy to fly, but I strongly recommend reading every bit of the instructions and understand what everything means before you take off.

+1 - You could always learn to fly it without gimbal & camera mounted. Once you feel confident mount gimbal/camera and enjoy. I highly recommend this to ALL first time flyers.

the reason I looking at the DJI phantom
because I like the GPS feature and the go home mode
and look popular as well and it come with a Gimbal, and that perfect fro my gopro :)

kai said:
the reason I looking at the DJI phantom
because I like the GPS feature and the go home mode
and look popular as well and it come with a Gimbal, and that perfect fro my gopro :)

They're all the right reasons but there's a learning curve. As stated above read and understand all the functions, watch as many videos as you can and download manuals from DJI website. Learn things like calibration, voltage levels and warnings. Maybe find someone near you that already owns one and get some tips/instructions. Maybe local hobby shop?

kai said:
Hi all

I am new to this forum to learn more about the DJI Phantom

I am thinking of getting a DJI phantom 2 with the Zenmuse H3-3D
but it does not come cheap

I got question to ask and hopefully, you guy can help me decide if I gonna get one or not

1.) is the Phantom is to fly ???? I worry if I crash and damage it, then that a lot of money gone

2.) any one experience a fly away and the drone just disappear and never came back ?

hope you guy can help

buy this first
http://www.thinkrc.com/24ghz-4ch-hubsan ... _wcB&ref=8

learn to hover and control it, then you will be ready for a bigger bird :)

Hi, I started with RC boats, cars, then a small plane, messed with a couple of diesel helis, and just before I got my Phantom I got a Hubsan X4.
The X4 is small enough to fly in doors, and on calmer days, great outside to. It's quite a good cheap trainer. When I first put the Phantom up in the sky, I must admit I was nervous after using the X4, for about the first minute... Then a strange calm came over me, and it's been pure fun ever since (not that flying before wasn't fun, but you get my drift). I use the latest FC40 version, and it can fly it's self just as well if not better than me. Just use your common sense. Stay away from places where people are, stay away from roads, buildings and TV/Radio/Phone masts. Have a good look around and check that if you used the RTH it would have a clear run back... And you'll be fine. And ALWAYS keep it in line of sight.
Unless you've got a house the size of a hanger, your not going to fly the beast indoors.... So get an X4 to train your brain to do things opposite while sat in your living room.... After the first flight of the Phantom, I was confident enough to fly it around in the woods on a breezy day in ATT mode. If anything, the smaller the Quad, the harder they are to fly I've found.... Just use the Phantom wisely, and respect peoples wises for you to stay away from them and you wont (I hope) have any nasty knocks on the door from the men in Blue....

adanac said:
How can anyone even reply? I honestly can't tell what he's asking. I think his spellcheck may have even removed whole words.

its pretty obvious his first language isnt english, or he is using google translator.
And i think it was pretty straight forward.

he wants to know if its easy to fly and he wants to know about fly aways.

give him a break. Besides, we are both in NYC, this is something you should be used to by now :p

Adanac.... His native tonge isn't English... He's used a translation website...
He's trying to ask if the Phantoms are easy to fly, and if any one has had problems.....

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl