Converting from argtek to dbs?

Reaction score
Could I be able to convert to dbs by using the argtek that's already mounted on the remote ?

I was just wondering if I could hook dbs wires to the argtek that's already mounted ? it would avoid drilling holes in the remote .

I think the Argtek uses studs mounted thru the housing of the remote, right? Just remove the antennas, and make sure the DBS comes with the right cable to connect where you removed the Argtek. And BE SURE to get the order/orientation right on the cables. The one in the middle is different, the other 2 can be swapped, doesn't matter.
The DBS should come with cables similar to the Argtek, to mount thru the case. If they have the same fittings, you won't have to open the remote.

I might have to order longer cables, I think the cables are to short that comes with dbs. haven't ordered dbs yet.

It is possible. I seem to remember there being weirdness with clipping the DBS to the remote with the Argtek bit sitting there, and it made it too bulky for my case.

Yeah , I'm from pa. could you hold that for a day or two . I had surgery this morning to get two hernias repaired . I feel like crap. I'm taking pain pills and and drifting in and out of sleep . 50 shipped sounds good . I appreciate it .

Ok, thanks was thinking about trying it. Just seeing if anyone else has done it first before i buy one.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan