Converting a P2 to a custom frame

[QUOTE="

The landing gear is not the only problem here, it really is simply the arms/props that get in the way. I can get different/wider landing gear, but nothing I do will get the props out of the way, short of changing the body entirely.

Like Johan said, none of the options you listed really work in all cases. There are workarounds, like flying backwards so that the pitch gets the props out of the way, and then play the clip backwards in your editing software, but that only works if there are no living/moving things in your shots (animals, cars, people, etc). There's not much you can do to get away from winds when you want a nice slow panning shot though.
.[/QUOTE]

I changed my GoPro 4 Black lens for a 5.4mm and am very happy with the results. You almost have to try to get any prop in the frame and I much prefer the non-fisheye look.

I changed my GoPro 4 Black lens for a 5.4mm and am very happy with the results. You almost have to try to get any prop in the frame and I much prefer the non-fisheye look.

Where did you get that lense? That is the first time I've ever heard of interchangeable lenses on a GoPro. Does it affect image quality at all?

Where did you get that lense? That is the first time I've ever heard of interchangeable lenses on a GoPro. Does it affect image quality at all?

Links for the lens are listed.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I am mostly concerned about the amount of jello you'd get from such a lense, it would seem like any vibrations would be amplified a ton, no? I'd love to see some footage before going ahead and dumping 140$ into this.

I am mostly concerned about the amount of jello you'd get from such a lense, it would seem like any vibrations would be amplified a ton, no? I'd love to see some footage before going ahead and dumping 140$ into this.

Then the only way to find out is to research videos on youtube to see if indeed those lenses are creating jello which I highly doubt is the case.

Im very interested in this topic since I don't like the bulky looking frame the p2v+ comes with

Seems your more interested in the looks then the video it can produce. There isn't much you can do about the case and the only real modification you can make P2 vision+ is remove the stock camera/gimbal and replace it with H4-3D gimbal/hero 4 black camera. Of I would modify hero 4 by changing the lens to a 5.4mm which will still wide, medium and narrow field of view without fisheye, props and landing gear in the video also no jello.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31