Convert your flight logs with Litchi

Reaction score
Hey guys!

We wrote an online flight log converter for those of you who want to be able to read the logs produced by the DJI Pilot app.
It is very basic right now, simply upload your log file and it will give you a CSV back in return (compatible with Dashware's Flytrex profile).
Check it out at http://flylitchi.com/logs

We are also actively working on a new Phantom 3 / Inspire 1 app.

Stay tuned!

ps: we renamed our P2 app, hope you like the new name!

Doesn't appear to work
Uploaded a file and is giving an error Error: Invalid file.

Pulled the file right of my SD card: DJI\dji.pilot\FlightRecord

Sorry about that, it should work now? If it still does not work please send me your log in PM!

The logs contain a massive amount of data, we'll probably improve the tool to output more data (right now we only process about 20%).
It will stay free yes, maybe in the future we'll have a ranking (fastest, longest, etc.), automatic uploads and more, but no ETA on that!

Having a P2 with the H3-3D I'm not too familiar with the workings of the P2V+. Where exactly would someone find these log files?

"Logs are located in your mobile device's internal SDCard, inside the "DJI/dji.pilot/FlightRecord" folder."

Having a P2 with the H3-3D I'm not too familiar with the workings of the P2V+. Where exactly would someone find these log files?
The P2 NV does not log the data. At least not where we can get to it.

Yep this is only for DJI Pilot logs (so P3 / I1).

I understand that the P2 doesn't have files anywhere I can get to, I was just stating thats what I had to demonstrate why I wouldn't know much about the P2V+. Where would these files reside on an iOS device since it does not have an SD card?

Good question, something only iOS people can answer :p
Hopefully their format is similar too.

This is fantastic! Thank you soo much for bringing this out.
I'm comparing the log file of the guy who crashed in the Charles River as he posted the video from the pilot app with telemetry as well(I still don't have a P3 ).
Dashware shows the same flight path after converting the log to CSV through your site. So this looks real promising and GPS log works!
Amazing to see the data rate - close to 10 records per second - better than I was hoping for from the pilot app.
The guy had 19 satellites just before crashing!
I hope logging also includes the voltage per cell as well as the amp draw and that you can include it in the CSV format. Will be great to view the watts at different flight attitudes, camera resolution etc. Keep up the updates and thanks again.
Oh, and could you also convert to a GPX or KML file the GPS data? Would be nice to view in google earth etc.
In any case well done and thanks again!
Off to Dashware:)

I'm comparing the log file of the guy who crashed in the Charles River as he posted the video from the pilot app with telemetry as well(I still don't have a P3 ).
Dashware shows the same flight path after converting the log to CSV through your site. So this looks real promising and GPS log works!
Amazing to see the data rate - close to 10 records per second - better than I was hoping for from the pilot app.
I hope logging also includes the voltage per cell as well as the amp draw and that you can include it in the CSV format. Will be great to view the watts at different flight attitudes, camera resolution etc. Keep up the updates and thanks again.
Oh, and could you also convert to a GPX or KML file the GPS data? Would be nice to view in google earth etc.

I tried submitting 5 different (FLY016.DAT as an example) files from my "P3P Crash" and get the message "Error - Log is corrupt"...

Did you get your log files from the "DJI/dji.pilot/FlightRecord" folder in your mobile device sdcard?

Please share your Dashware video once complete. I haven't tried this before and am interested on how to do and the outcome.

Please share your Dashware video once complete. I haven't tried this before and am interested on how to do and the outcome.

Here is the last 30 seconds leading to the crash.
Looks like a total loss of power . Maybe a bad battery connection?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Regarding the CSV conversion the heading in Dashware is based on the GPS data - there must be a magnetic heading in the ASCII log file that would fix it.
There is a temperature and pressure field that is 0 throughout CSV. Can't compare the speed but the rest looks good.
This s a great way to analyse your flights , battery performance, aging etc. But as it stands too many parameters are still missing. Hopefully they are in the txt log.

You can also do some fun stuff in Dashware.
That was flying my P2V (using another conversion app).
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan