Controls work but no connection to app, no video

Silly me... is the bird turned on?

I have deleted and reinstalled a few times now. What is the RC reset process? How do I find blade. Thanks.
Post 18 on page one of this thread.

Blade is on the rc group forum.

Mine will only work when I use the apple supplied cable that came with my iPhone or iPad mini. With other cables it just stays at the how to connect tab.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine will only work when I use the apple supplied cable that came with my iPhone or iPad mini. With other cables it just stays at the how to connect tab.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good confirmation.
I've tried 5 lightning cables so far. I will try another cable idea today after a trip to radio shack.

Welp, no joy. I'm back to square one.
The RC and mini 2 are simply not aware of each other.

Welp, no joy. I'm back to square one.
The RC and mini 2 are simply not aware of each other.
So your last good flight was on 11/13 in Pleasanton, correct?
The following day on 11/14 you opened your RC to do work internally, correct?
Since then, you can't get your RC to connect to your iPad, correct?

Does it sound to you as if something may be disconnected inside your RC? I know I suggested previously to check the USB jack and you replied back that you carefully checked. Now a few days later after you've tried many suggestions, it seems more likely that something is wrong with your RC.

What was broken that prompted you to open your RC on 11/14?

So your last good flight was on 11/13 in Pleasanton, correct?
The following day on 11/14 you opened your RC to do work internally, correct?
Since then, you can't get your RC to connect to your iPad, correct?

Does it sound to you as if something may be disconnected inside your RC? I know I suggested previously to check the USB jack and you replied back that you carefully checked. Now a few days later after you've tried many suggestions, it seems more likely that something is wrong with your RC.

What was broken that prompted you to open your RC on 11/14?
Might have damaged that ribbon cable-- pretty easy to do.

Correct Oso. It almost has to be something due to the repair. I took it apart to fix the broken RTH button caused by horribly bad plastic. (I have pics)
i just don't know what else to check. I did check the ribbon for continuity Bob. But that was poorly done because it's sooo difficult to pinout.

Would there be a danger to another pilots RC if a test swap was attempted? Assuming I found a willing sole.

@sonof40 Unfortunately, my brother experienced this same issue and we attempted every troubleshoot method and absolutely nothing worked. We went as far as even buying the newly updated HDMI board and still nothing when plugging iPad mini into RC via cable. I went ahead and got on the phone with someone from Dji and he immediately knew what the problem was and had me send the phantom back with no props and battery. They provided instructions and shipping label. It was returned in 3 weeks and all is well since...It won't hurt to give them a call!

@sonof40 Unfortunately, my brother experienced this same issue and we attempted every troubleshoot method and absolutely nothing worked. We went as far as even buying the newly updated HDMI board and still nothing when plugging iPad mini into RC via cable. I went ahead and got on the phone with someone from Dji and he immediately knew what the problem was and had me send the phantom back with no props and battery. They provided instructions and shipping label. It was returned in 3 weeks and all is well since...It won't hurt to give them a call!
I will do that. Thank you.
So the problem was not in the RC? Do you have any info on what it was?

I had that problem using the iPhone. I was using an aftermarket charging cable, actually I tried several aftermarket cables. But when I used the original cable that came with the phone, I didn't have that problem again. Also make sure your phone/mini is charged up.

Reactions: sonof40
I had that problem using the iPhone. I was using an aftermarket charging cable, actually I tried several aftermarket cables. But when I used the original cable that came with the phone, I didn't have that problem again. Also make sure your phone/mini is charged up.
Thanks for the input. I've used 5 different authentic Apple cables that were packaged with the iphone/mini.

Just reread this. I'm guessing the problem was in the RC but they had you send both items for testing purposes...Thanks again for the input.

Your main problem is with connectivity between RC and device on USB port. Try to figure out if usb port on RC is ok by connecting it to a laptop using a usb-usb cable, If you get no message on laptop when you connect RC to it, your port on RC is bad, send it for repairs.

Your main problem is with connectivity between RC and device on USB port. Try to figure out if usb port on RC is ok by connecting it to a laptop using a usb-usb cable, If you get no message on laptop when you connect RC to it, your port on RC is bad, send it for repairs.
Thanks, I'm working on a way to configure a cable to do that...

Good call al, I jury rigged a double male cable, tested with a known source and then plugged in the RC...Zero response.
So back into the beast.

Good call al, I jury rigged a double male cable, tested with a known source and then plugged in the RC...Zero response.
So back into the beast.
Great. Talk to DJI service center and get it repaired. You now probably know the source of the issue.

So back into the beast.
So that confirms what we have been suspecting for a while now. I still think that the USB jack was somehow impacted when you opened the RC on 11/14. Lets us know what you find when you go back in.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20