Controls work but no connection to app, no video

I really was hoping that you had this one solved by now. I mean its been what, more than two weeks of frustration for you?

Is it too much to ask for you to make a video, maybe with someone's help, and slowly go through the steps you are taking in order? It might help the experts on the forum if they can see each step, your device screens, your RC and your P3 as you try the How To Connect process. There's no guarantee any of us will see something, but at this point maybe its worth a shot.

Reactions: III% Streve
I would do anything at this point but really don't think a video would help. I just followed the instructions on the app and get control of the bird but afraid to fly without FPV.

All I can think of now is maybe try another RC if I can find one but I don't want to corrupt someone else's system by whatever process would be required to do the test.

A video would show precisely what issue you're having. If a picture is worth a thousand words.......

Reactions: III% Streve
The instruction in the app really dont do anything. Its should be as simple as that. going through the connect process is nothing by semantics

Go in to your settings, then go to notifications. Now select the GO app. Make sure all 5 switches are turned on (green)

Now, restart the tablet just for giggles, not plugged in to the controller
Start the GO app and dont touch it
Plug in the cable
Power up the P3, with no blades
Now turn on the controller.
You should get a popup that askes something about ALLOW THIS DEVICE TO.. blah blah blah Click Allow!! If you dont hit allow you will never get the app and controller to talk to each other.
Once you hit ALLOW the app should go from HOW TO CONNECT to CAMERA being an active button

Not sure what you mean here Streve
Sorry... forgot to type a bunch of stuff somehow. Ignore that post. The point is just that the HOW TO CONNECT process serves no function. Its just showing a person to turn crap on.

Go in to your settings, then go to notifications. Now select the GO app. Make sure all 5 switches are turned on (green)

Now, restart the tablet just for giggles, not plugged in to the controller
Start the GO app and dont touch it
Plug in the cable
Power up the P3, with no blades
Now turn on the controller.
You should get a popup that askes something about ALLOW THIS DEVICE TO.. blah blah blah Click Allow!! If you dont hit allow you will never get the app and controller to talk to each other.
Once you hit ALLOW the app should go from HOW TO CONNECT to CAMERA being an active button
@sonof40 - this is why I suggested a video. It should just be as simple as described so there's a chance you are just missing something that a fresh set of eyes may see right away. No pressure of course, just trying to help. Cheers!

Im pushing a video of the process. It contains the message that is key to everything working. I dont know how to get a **** screen shot on this thing, And a video shows how easy it is. A whopping 27 seconds

Reactions: Oso
I was once helping a guy do the 32 channel hack. He was 100% certain that he was following my instructions to the letter. He did it over and over again and was frustrated but persistent. Eventually he posted screen shots and I saw immediately that he had completely skipped the unzip step even though it was clearly shown. He was just looking past it every single time he tried.

For me, I cant tell you how many times I've asked my wife where something was and she leads me right to a spot I had searched more than once but didn't see it.

That's what I mean by a fresh set of eyes.

Reactions: JoBe
Have you just tried to delete and reinstall the app? Also you may have not done the rc reset process right. I'm reading time after time that procedure working for people in your situation. You might try and pm blade to get the right button pushes. If all else fails, your rc is screwed I would think.

Sorry... forgot to type a bunch of stuff somehow. Ignore that post. The point is just that the HOW TO CONNECT process serves no function. Its just showing a person to turn crap on.
gotcha. OK did your process. 2 things:
1. when I turned the app on it went to the "how to connect" screen, don't know if that's where it should go.
2. Never got the pop up.

Here ya go...
and the SS of the finish. Cut the video too fast
20151120_142628.jpg

Reactions: Reed L
Have you just tried to delete and reinstall the app? Also you may have not done the rc reset process right. I'm reading time after time that procedure working for people in your situation. You might try and pm blade to get the right button pushes. If all else fails, your rc is screwed I would think.
I have deleted and reinstalled a few times now. What is the RC reset process? How do I find blade. Thanks.

Being lazy and not going back to re-read everything here... have you tried all this with multiple cables?

Really strange! But I don't thing is controller or phantom ! Is iOS and u need to get information how to reinstall de iPad or iPhone

@shockwave199 - are you talking about this RC process?
updating RC firmware: blue light stuck on | DJI Phantom Forum

If so, I thought it was meant to "trick" the RC into allowing another FW install? If this is the same process you mean, do you understand it to be some sort of hard reset of the RC?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik