Controls stopped responding normally in flight

Reaction score
This morning I took my Phantom 4 Pro Plus out for its first flight since I received it a few days ago. I've been flying a phantom 4 commercially for about a year, and have my part 107 license, so I'm not a complete noob to flying. Everything seemed to start off ok, I took off, flew a few laps around my yard, then took it up to test out point of interest mode around my house. After completing the orbit, I paused the flight and attempted to bring it back home. This is when things got weird. While flying back home, Suddenly the drone slowed down, and stopped responding to my controller forward pitch presses. It was basically hovering above my house, I could get it to respond to rudder, but not pitch. However, if I pressed diagonally on the remote, it would move "forward", ever so slowly. After a few tense moments I was able to maneuver it, roughly, into a clear area and land it...however it would not let me land it manually either, it just hovered a few feet above the ground (i guess obstacle detection?). So I pressed the land button and landed it. Shortly afterward I took off again, just to see if it still had the issues, and it seemed to be responding normally to my commands...and even let me land it manually without issue. Does anyone know if this is normal behavior, and something I'm not aware of, or should I be concerned?

Another side note, my video feed was very "broken"..kept freezing and jumping, even when i was 2 feet away from the drone...is this normal for p4p plus?

It all sounds a bit suspect. Perhaps your flight log will explained what happened. You can upload and view your TXT flight log online here.

It all sounds a bit suspect. Perhaps your flight log will explained what happened. You can upload and view your TXT flight log online here.
Sorry for the noob question, but I've never exported flight logs...how do I pull them off the p4p plus? Ive googled repeatedly and can't seem to find anything that gives instructions for the p4p plus... :/

Last edited:
just took it out for another test, controls seemed too be functioning normally...i was flying by line of sight..glanced down at my screen and noticed it was frozen. App completely froze. Landed, restarted...showing "aircraft encoder error 0x8"...starting to feel like I got a lemon.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4