Controls Backwards

Reaction score
While on vacation in Gulfshores, I had the experience of the forward and reverse stick working in the opposite direction. I was using the Litchi app.

Here is my time line.
The sun was starting to set and the view was great, so I hurried to get the P4 in the Air. Turning on the aircraft so it would warm up on the way down the steps. Set the bird on the ground, turned on the controller and then the Ipad. Started it and went up about 30 ft. and started filming. Move the bird out over the water and continued to film. Then started to bring it home when I discovered that the controls where backward. Landed the bird. Change the app to the DJI Go and the bird flew perfect. When back to Litchi and it was perfect.

My guess it was something in warming up while coming down the stairs caused the problem.

Anyone have a better insight?

Anyone have a better insight?

I would agree it is possible - it was when you fired up the Phantom prior to the controller.

Sequential order being - controller, device, DJI Go app then the Phantom (some say DJI Go last - I go with what DJI says anyway.

When you landed and prior to switching to the DJI Go - I'm curious, did you shut everything down and fire up in the order DJI states to do or just change the flight app?

Never heard of anyone having the issue you just did but good to know this is possible and very likely due to improper sequence of firing everything up.

Thanks for posting that - glad to hear all is well now also. Did you manage to get the footage you wanted?

EDIT: I know this is an odd question but I gotta ask - was the Phantom flown back in reverse (as in its orientation in the air)?

Last edited:
Reactions: Pharm
I never experienced such a reversal. Litchi and Go app do not process RC stick inputs, so how can they reverse the commands and values.

I follow the sequences as shown below:

RC on >>>> AC on >>>> DJI Go App on

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Last edited:
Reactions: Pharm
I never experienced such a reversal. Litchi and Go app do not process RC stick inputs, so how can they reverse the commands and values.

I agree with that "alokbhargava" - I think perhaps it was sequence and maybe when he switched for Litchi to Go app he shut everything down and re-started in proper sequence. I've never heard of this either before - maybe the OP never changed the orientation of the Phantom in the air during the flight back - crazier things have happened - LOL.

I'm going with "pilot disorientation" (only because I've done it myself).

I would agree it is possible - it was when you fired up the Phantom prior to the controller.

Sequential order being - controller, device, DJI Go app then the Phantom (some say DJI Go last - I go with what DJI says anyway.

When you landed and prior to switching to the DJI Go - I'm curious, did you shut everything down and fire up in the order DJI states to do or just change the flight app?

Never heard of anyone having the issue you just did but good to know this is possible and very likely due to improper sequence of firing everything up.

Thanks for posting that - glad to hear all is well now also. Did you manage to get the footage you wanted?

EDIT: I know this is an odd question but I gotta ask - was the Phantom flown back in reverse (as in its orientation in the air)?

I just change the app on the Ipad and everything was back to normal.
and Yes I just pulled the right control back to go forward to bring it home.

I'm going with "pilot disorientation" (only because I've done it myself).
I am sure that is not the case. I confirmed the reversal prior to landing, I am not sure that the right and left were correct did not check that.

I am sure that is not the case. I confirmed the reversal prior to landing, I am not sure that the right and left were correct did not check that.
Did you have the controller facing the wrong way? Did you have your back to the controller or the bird? Were you drinking? Did a nice bikini walk by? Just kidding. I believe you, just want to rule things out.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen