Controlling the P3s from tablet or smartphone?

Reaction score
I know the DJI GO app lets me do camera controls from the phone, but let's say, I want to do a selfie with no controller in my hand , I put down the controller nearby and use the phone to take the picture.

Is there an app to actually control the paning and flight from the phone?
The RC is still inline and connected to the phone but would be a few feet away out of the frame.

Kind of like the bebop controls.

PS. I think the WiFi setup of the P3s could be an advantage vs being directly tethered like my P3a or P3p.(Other than range)

The phone goes through the controller to connect to the Phantom and it needs to be hard wired to the controller. Also, the phone won't control the flight of the Phantom.

I'm trying to figure out a way to film myself driving my 1/5 losi. Mabee tape my phone to losi? Will it follow the phone? I have the Litchi app, but haven't tried it yet

I'm trying to figure out a way to film myself driving my 1/5 losi. Mabee tape my phone to losi? Will it follow the phone? I have the Litchi app, but haven't tried it yet
litchi has the magic wand which will follow another device.

No worries..
Just trying to see if I can look really cool by controlling my P3S from the smartphone.

There should be an app that lets you do limited control over it, like slow movements withing a 20foot radius or something and camera controls. More like fine tuning form the smartphone.

Too bad I'm not a programmer. LOL

You said u also have blade chroma Wondering how u like the chroma ? And do u think the p3s be close to chroma in flight and pics

It's ok, but the range is way less on the Chroma and it loses video way faster than the Phantom 3 Standard even. It is 'slower' and less responsive too. I'm not a fan of the ST10+ Controller of the Chroma.

I have the P3A an P3S and for the money, the P3S is AMAZING.
With a better tablet mount, an antenna mod, it can be very close in functionality to the
P3A/Pro. It won't have the range and stability , but if that's not necessary, it beats any other video drone around the same price range.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav