Controlling the Gimbal - can I maintain 100% control over my camera's rotation?

Reaction score
I just ordered my Dji phantom 3 advanced. I'm wondering if I can somehow control the camera so that it only ever changes from pointing straight ahead to rotating right or left when I tell it to. Is this possible?

I'm not even sure if I'll have any control over rotation... But if the above is possible, is there any way to program the back buttons to rotate right / rotate left?

To be clear, I don't want stabilization or anything to EVER rotate the camera left/right - I want to somehow retain control of this movement (the motor above the black "L" strip in the picture).

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1445033678.170184.jpg

I just ordered my Dji phantom 3 advanced. I'm wondering if I can somehow control the camera so that it only ever changes from pointing straight ahead to rotating right or left when I tell it to. Is this possible?
I'm not even sure if I'll have any control over rotation... But if the above is possible, is there any way to program the back buttons to rotate right / rotate left?
No you have no control over your camera rotating left and right ( it's called yawing)
The camera on the Phantom doesn't yaw.

For the camera all you have is camera up/camera down.
You can of course move the Phantom all you like in whatever axis/direction you choose.
Thanks for the info. I'm trying to figure out how to drop a payload and was planning on rigging a release mechanism up to the gimbal, but it looks like this isn't possible. Do you have any suggestions around how I might be able to trigger a payload release using this drone?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl