Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Controlling p3p from inside house

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by DEllis, Sep 11, 2016.

1. DEllis

I had to have foot surgery this week and cannot put weight on it for at least 2 weeks. Was wondering if there would be any issues if I had my wife take the p3p outside and turn it on and I flew it controlling from indoors?We have a big bay window at the kitchen table where I would be flying it from.

Just not much else to do although thank god football season is back

David

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Digdat0 likes this.
  2. msinger

Approved Vendor

It's probably not the smartest thing one could do with a Phantom, but it should technically work if you fly LOS the entire time.

3. Bill Schroeppel

You could set up in autonomous mode in FPV Camera and design a flight and watch it on your big screen if you so desire, but make sure you watch your altitudes at way points. I don't recommend this from your easy chair, but you could

4. Monte55

Should you be concerned about being so close to wifi in house?

5. Lifted Chevy

I've had three operations on my right foot and almost lost it so I understand. Have your wife help you outside and sit in a chair with your leg elevated.

6. Monte55

The reason I ask is...I have a couple of wireless portable cameras and receivers that can be connected to a tv or monitor. While using them, they interferred with my laptop connection to router.

7. alokbhargava

I would advice you to give rest to your phantom for few weeks. Meanwhile you can help many forum members who would need your expert advice.

Buy permanent color markers and paint your phantom. Take its pictures and submit to us. Show us your painting skills.

Digdat0 and t2adze like this.
  8. tml4191

Lol

9. theTastyCat

While being outside would be ideal, I'll confess I've flown from the dining room table several times :)

If you're stock, this is an *excellent* excuse to get an upgrade. I'm running the ItElite setup from maxxuav.com - I got the kit with the DBS-2 panel antenna, two 3w Sunhans boosters, and the clean install kit. Let me fly right through the very thick walls of my brick, well-insulated house and maybe a 1/2 mile radius. The MaxxRange antenna would do even better. Some crazy guys in the P4 forum have external antennas mounted to their roofs/chimneys that they connect to and fly to Saturn, but that's not the type of project you probably want to undertake right now :)

Sorry about the foot - try to stay off it like a good boy and the healing process will be much faster. Don't do what all the rest of us do and get on it way too early and exponentially prolong the recovery :/

10. Jeff watson

You could set up at the dinning room table and use the simulator to perfect your tech skills. Figure eights, clover leafs. Add wind to make it more difficult. Hope your foot gets better soon

11. MacMan3409

Not to be a hater or negative nelly but aren't there rules/guidelines/FAA laws(now) about flying within LINE-OF-SIGHT? Would be tricky to explain that from inside your house while your drone is being flown outside. Be careful, that would be pretty difficult to justify while lounging in your living room. Just saying, be careful.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

12. tml4191

I don't recommend the simulator. It's not that accurate. You can most definately fly it within your house,
    Will using binoculars to see further count as under the unobstructed view rule ? :)

13. HYRYSC

Not from my reading. Course from my reading it also says that it is guideline rather than a law or rule.

14. N017RW

No optical aides, other than prescription lenses, are permitted to establish or maintain VLOS.

15. tml4191

thanks