Controlling p3 from inside house?

Reaction score
Is it possible if you have a clear line of site from your window to fly the p3 and control it from indoors? Im guessing range would be effected ..but maybe not as my second story window is much higher up line of site. Mostly wondering about signals reflecting off the glass window? Anybody try this?
Thanks
Luke

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I would be more worried about the wifi noise your router makes but what do I know I don't own a drone. YET.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

image.jpeg
These antenna, and this type of cable, order what you think you need, times another half. The P3 lovers who always say this and that about the P4 I can say this.
I loved my P3p but it's not the same bird, for one, the fact some apps let you do a form of tracking, tracking without obstacle avoidance is useless, right?
But here is where this relates to this post, the obstacle avoidance is basically a radar, and that helps big time when, like me and a select few others, more ppl have walked on the moon then flown properly a personal drone watching a big screen tv in AC in their easy chair. And I have to really fly to bring my bird in the last 50' first orient on top of rooftop, then I have to adjust height and thread the needle thru some trees, to come in at a 50*-60* angle to bring her to the deck, then I have to turn around and land in a patio deck that wife has covered. The 30' radar system, and the optical sensors make this instrument flying and landing possible, add some high winds, low battery decent kicking in while hovering or landing just 5-8' off the ground, and you better be a pilot, or have some skill, so, do what I do with a P3, and your a flying Mutha Sucker man!!! Mo powa to you guys.
If you don't have 90' trees surrounding your house, but trees only 50' wil still make it harder, if you have an easy landing spot then don't sweat it, otherwise, consider the benefits of OA and visual aids at 30' not 3m, huge difference.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    544.5 KB · Views: 338

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie