Controlling gimbal tilt with trim or a switch

Reaction score
I am using an after market TX which is 8 channels but unfortunatelly I do not have a potentiometer on it.

I've recently installed a Zenmuse. I am looking into the posibility to control the tilt preferibly with left or right trim to have a digital control, or control the tilt with a three position swithch (down, middle, up for instance)

Has anybody succeed on that.

I am having difficulties to assign the right values, for the time been trim seems not to work, I get even with the trim jsut two positions: veriy high up and completly down, not intermediate values.

Any feedback is appreciated..

rilot said:
Telling us what transmitter it is would be a good start.

Sorry, I did't include the TX since is is not very well known and I though this could be more related to a specific config on the Naza assistant but you are right.

I am using a Walkera Devo8s. It is a full range, 8 channels TX with a color touch screen GUI. Not many people using walkera TX around as far as I can see.

I've been using it with my phantom for around 6 months and it works flawless. The main issue is that now that I have a Zenmuse, it does not have a potentiometer for gimbal tilt control, so I am trying to find a work around since I do not want change my TX.

I've already used the budget for the the gimbal :eek:

Any clue will be much appreciated.

Well, any 3-position or 2 position switch should be able to be programmed to throw a servo a specific amount. Say, when you want to raise the undercarriage on a fixed wing plane.
It should just be a matter of taking the output of one of your receiver channels and plugging it in to the Naza and configuring that channel as the gimbal tilt. Then on the Tx, configuring a 2 or 3 position switch to send certain analogue servo positions down that channel.

I could tell you have to do it in 5 minutes with my Taranis. It's all about the transmitter.

I managed to find the issue.

It was just a matter of doing a X1 calibration and then i managed to assign the right control to Aux1 Channel.

Now I have the gimbal tilt control being on my left trim. Works great!!

Thank you for the inputs

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl