Controlling camera tilt from a stick?

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I've got a P2 with 2 axis gimbal which I flew with the stock controller for a while. Just recently upgraded to a Futaba T14SG.
I understand that ideally, shooting professional video would be a 2-man job with two controllers - but I'm just not quite there yet :)

Here is the deal:
* For the first couple of months I flew in mode 2 and was starting to get confident there
* once I added FPV and had that view from inside the quad, I really struggled with mode 2. Basically, from my days in FPS gaming, my left stick was fwd / strafe and right stick was pan / look up/down for aiming. What I did is I converted my stock remote into mode 3, which really helped my for FPV flying and framing shots especially on a moving target.

* Now that the possibilities are endless with a fully customizable transmitter, I'm thinking of testing something else in order to get closer to the FPS experience - keen for your thoughts on my mode "5" :

- moving the THROTTLE channel to the RS slider on my futaba (ie controlling height with a slider rather than a stick
- moving the camera tilt to my right stick

This way, I kinda reproduce the spirit of controlling the spacial position of the quad with left stick and controlling the angle of the camera from the right stick - relaying the power / altitude to a separate slider.

The benefits:
* flight experience closer to what I'm used to
* much more fine control on the tilt of the camera

However, I see the potential risks:
* clumsiness in the P2 start-up given the "all channels in the corners" to start the motors
* less precision in the control if the throttle, especially given the ratchet cliquety things on my RS slider

Other thoughts / risks ? any one tried that?

Cheers
Nico

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31