CONTROLLING CAMERA QUESTION-GO PRO

Reaction score
I am getting ready to purchase the DJI Phantom 2 with the GO PRO. My question is can I control the camera like we can with the vision? Does the camera move around or just stay in one spot. Do we have any control of the camera?

Thanks
Cheers
Kevin

With the P2 you need to get a separate bracket for the GoPro

This can be a simple piece of plastic that attaches it to the bottom of the P2, or you can buy and fit a 2 Axis or even a 3 Axis gimbal - which stabilizes the camera and can tilt (2 axis), or tilt and turn (3 axis) (though only a 2 Axis would be controllable with the stock Transmitter)

The ZenMuse is the matching gimbal sold by DJI, however its $$$ and there are loads of other much cheaper (probably lower quality) gimbals available that can be made to fit the P2

The Vision has a video downlink (aka First Person View. FPV ) , which the P2 doesn't. If you want this, you need to buy a separate video link transmitter and a receiver / screen unit, (or FatShark googles etc).

I'm not sure if the Vision as OSD (On screen display of speed and height etc), if you want this as well, you need an OSD module to put between the video out from our GoPro and the video in to your video transmitter

If you want full details, please post again, and I think people can give you specific info on gimbals and OSD and FPV etc etc

I'm a newbie. I haven't flown yet but I'm going to soon with a GoPro mounted on the Zemuse gimbal. I kind of thought you were wandering if you could change any of the GoPro settings during flight. Even with FPV, you can't control the camera settings. That would be nice. That requires WiFi which you can't use with the Phantom.

It would be technically possible to control the GoPro remotely, but not that easy

See
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpPfk4sLb3I

and

http://cam-do.com/wired.html

Also, the standard DJI radio control doesn't have any spare channels to send the commands to the camera, you'd also need to use something like a Futaba 8FG or a more complex Futaba and replace the internal receiver with a Futaba receiver with enough channels to carry the extra controls

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl