Controller won't see any devices, says "Disconnected"

Reaction score
Last time I used my P3P was in March simply for the steadicam capabilities. Held it while doing some "walk-overs". Everything worked fine.

Powered it up two days ago and it would NOT see my device (iPhone 6 plus). It still works mind you, I can move the camera, etc... but when I hit "camera" nothing appears and it says "Disconnected"

-I've tried 3 different cables, all that work with regular chargers no problem, still says "Disconnected".
-Reinstalled the app multiple times... which also means that the "Camera" button is gone, it simply says "How to Connect" on the app, so I can't even get into my settings.
-used 3 different devices (iPad Pro and an iPhone 6) at 3 different ios levels (from ios10 TODAY to the previous updates), it never sees the device.
-thinking the USB port was broken I plugged several devices in while the controller is on and, voila - it was able to power those devices (an external harddrive and started charging my fitbit)

The ONLY thing that was changed from when it worked fine several months ago to today, are the updates to the DJI app. I have since updated the firmware for the quad itself (no problems) but of course cannot update the controller since it now needs the app to do so. DJI support just wants me to send in the controller because they figure the USB port must be broken, but how could it power other devices?!?!

Any ideas? And yes, I've scoured these forums, but most of the threads end up unanswered or one of the fixes I tried worked for them...

When did you last upgrade the firmware on the remote controller?

Mine was doing that, I just updated the DJI app on my tablet. It was fine after.
I also turn on the controller first , then the drone.

I have 1.4 on the controller... so I can no longer upgrade it manually (how remarkably stupid is this, DJI?)

Did you try reinstalling DJI GO?

"-Reinstalled the app multiple times... which also means that the "Camera" button is gone, it simply says "How to Connect" on the app, so I can't even get into my settings."

Literally been doing this for 6 hours.

Yes, I did see that. Re-quoting it doesn't really add much clarity though. Are you saying you reinstalled DJI GO before or after you installed new firmware on your Phantom?

I did it before and after.

And again, I could control the phantom fine before I updated the firmware and after. No issues there with the controller...

I'm confused. The CAMERA button is available BEFORE you actually get into the Go app, so if you cannot select it, how are you able to control the camera or get messages about disconnects?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I know the camera button is grey, once the connection from the display device to the controller is confirmed it turns blue
I had this problem and i fixed it by updating the app and just using a different cable

I'm confused. The CAMERA button is available BEFORE you actually get into the Go app, so if you cannot select it, how are you able to control the camera or get messages about disconnects?

Before I uninstalled and reinstalled the app, the blue camera button was there. I would press it and the app would say the camera was disconnected. Even though I had full control of it. I had an iPad Pro that NEVER had the DJI app, decided to install it and see if it worked... no blue camera button, simply says "HOW TO CONNECT" in the bar. Doesn't see the device at all. On my original device (Iphone 6 plus) once I uninstalled and reinstalled the app, it never again showed the camera button, just the "HOW TO CONNECT" in the bar.

THroughout all of this... I have had full control over the gimble and quad... it's bizarre.

(and thank you for talking me through this. I'm certain there's an easy fix because the controller CAN power other USB devices - there's no way I'm sending this back to DJI because of some software gimp)

I know the camera button is grey, once the connection from the display device to the controller is confirmed it turns blue
I had this problem and i fixed it by updating the app and just using a different cable
There is no grey camera button for me once I uninstalled the app the first time. It acts as if nothing is connected and there's a giant "HOW TO CONNECT" button that any of you can see if you just change the drone type to a different model...

If you have ever connected to any aircraft type with a device, you can always get into camera mode (into the go main screen) without a controller/aircraft connected. My question, again, is how can the op control the camera, or get disconnect messages without getting past the camera button?

My question, again, is how can the op control the camera, or get disconnect messages without getting past the camera button?
I don't think he can. He's just not good at laying out his timeline in the proper order ;)

I open the DJI GO App.
I select my model.
A blue CAMERA button appears.
I hit it.
Within the next screen it's totally blank and says I'm disconnected even though I have full control of the quad.

Once I reinstalled the DJI GO App however, when I open the app there is no longer a CAMERA button to select. It just says (everybody) HOW TO CONNECT.

Not sure how else to explain it. You can absolutely open the DJI Go app without it being connected to the camera. And you can operate your drone with or without the DJI App being open OR connected. Bottom line: the controller does not recognize that my devices are there.

(and thank you for talking me through this. I'm certain there's an easy fix because the controller CAN power other USB devices - there's no way I'm sending this back to DJI because of some software gimp)

The USB connection has both power and data. Just because there is power available to charge, doesn't mean the data is flowing.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31