Controller won't connect to phantom 4

Reaction score
I just unboxed my phantom 4. I checked for a firmware update on the drone and it's up to date. Dji go app shows no update for the remote. The remote will not connect to the the drone. Under connect your device, it thinks that I have a phantom 3 standard. This is the only option that the camera button comes up on. When I hit camera, I get the main screen, but it states disconnected. Linking remote does nothing. I am running a iPad, and I already tried to delete and reinstall app. Any suggestions?

You said that the remote will not connect to the drone - so you have a red light on the RC? Or do you mean just that the iPad will not connect to the drone? Which firmware versions do you have on the RC and the aircraft?

I just unboxed my phantom 4. I checked for a firmware update on the drone and it's up to date. Dji go app shows no update for the remote. The remote will not connect to the the drone. Under connect your device, it thinks that I have a phantom 3 standard. This is the only option that the camera button comes up on. When I hit camera, I get the main screen, but it states disconnected. Linking remote does nothing. I am running a iPad, and I already tried to delete and reinstall app. Any suggestions?
There are other posts on this subject in the forum, there is a fix and it works. Details in the post.

Yo, Mark C. Another newbie here. In your reply you say "details in the post". How do I get to the post? Thanks.

Reactions: Mark C.
It's not yet clear, at least to me, what the exact problem is, so referencing any particular thread or post seems premature.
There are a few other posts about "Phantom 4 not connecting.
I think one way to find the post is in the search, also if you look at groups, there is one just for Phantom 4 , go down through the topics and it will be in there , also Phantom 4 help. I had to wait over a week when I had my problem not connecting and there were lots of discussions. I went through a long process of clearing and deleting the app, restoring my iPad and everything else. Mine works great now and no problems. I think they figured out everything and it's a simpler process now. That's why I suggested looking at the other posts on this topic. If I knew how to post one link to another I would have done it for you.

There are a few other posts about "Phantom 4 not connecting.
I think one way to find the post is in the search, also if you look at groups, there is one just for Phantom 4 , go down through the topics and it will be in there , also Phantom 4 help. I had to wait over a week when I had my problem not connecting and there were lots of discussions. I went through a long process of clearing and deleting the app, restoring my iPad and everything else. Mine works great now and no problems. I think they figured out everything and it's a simpler process now. That's why I suggested looking at the other posts on this topic. If I knew how to post one link to another I would have done it for you.
Here is a copy, hope it links to the post!
P4 Controller Not Connecting With P4
Hi Everyone.
I have just unboxed the P4, everything is charged, DJIGo App is installed on my Ipad mini4. I've calibrated it so green lights are shining.
But, when I try to start the motors they don't start. The GOApp shows disconnected and there is no sign of signal for GPS, Remote or Battery levels. But the strange thing is that the Gimbal can be operated using the wheel on the remote.
I have tried to download Assistant 2 but there seems to be a bug in this as well as it doesn't load so I cannot update the firmware.
The little green light on the P4 shines brightly indicating that it is connected to the remote and the remote also has a green light.

Am I doing something wrong ?? Or do you think it needs to go straight to the repair shop ??

Thanks a lot for your advice

Tim
P4 Controller Not Connecting With P4

That last post after reading it did not have the answer you're looking for.
The fix to the connection problem is restoring your iPad through iTunes. If I remember correctly, first in the DJI Go app go to the "Me" icon and then to settings and clear all the caches. The exit the app and delete.
Then plug your iPad into a computer and back it up to iTunes. After your back up is complete. Do a restore on your iPad and set it up as new. When setting it up as new, use all the same settings you had used to set it up, same iTunes and Apple ID. Then in the App Store open your DJI Go app and log into your account. In the Equipment icon select Phantom 4 , there should be a blue ring around the " How to Connect " button. Now when you connect it will change to "Camera" . When that happens you'll be all set!
When I had my problem the Phantom 4 was so new that DJI was not aware and was not much help. It was the people on this forum who had figured it out and who are always there. I'm still new but I'm willing to help anyone I can. That connection problem was the only trouble I had, I fly my P4 as often as I can and I'm very happy with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those are all possibilities, but note that there were at least two distinct problems being discussed. One was a firmware mismatch, caused by the RC firmware being updated before the aircraft firmware, wich led to the iOS device being unable to see the aircraft, and the other was caused by a non-iTunes restore of the iOS device, which resulted in the iOS device being unable to connect properly to the RC.

Different problems with different solutions, so it pays to understand which is occurring.

Reactions: Mark C.
So I did figure it out. I made a totally rookie mistake. I did not hook up the iPad to the rc with usb, rather I used the adapter and other port on the controller. Thanks for the advise.

Reactions: sar104
So I did figure it out. I made a totally rookie mistake. I did not hook up the iPad to the rc with usb, rather I used the adapter and other port on the controller. Thanks for the advise.
I was just going to ask if you are sure you hooked up the cables correctly. Glad to see you figured it out, have fun flying.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31