Controller won't charge

Reaction score
Hi all. My friends RC won't charge. When you plug it in you get a quick single light flash, then 4, then they go blank and no charge. If you hold the power button and it comes on with a red light and 4 white lights.

Can't see anything that resembles this fault in the manual or anyone else with the same issue?

Cheers

Push the power button on the remote briefly. If all four lights come on, then it is fully charged. They don't stay on unless you power it up. Short press followed immediately by a long press.

They stay on with a red light on the left. They do a little thing like it's gone into the normal charging mode but that only lasts a split second then it locks onto 4 lights and a red. This only happens with power connected..If no cable connected it does nothing. Really odd but can't find an explanation for it.

Have you ever heard of similar symptoms? It's out of warranty now, I'm a electronic engineer so I could probably swap the battery or whatever but I would like to have a idea what's up hmmm

I have read of controllers not charging after being stored for long periods.
Unfortunately a direct replacement battery isn't available from DJI. Someone posted a link to one that looked exactly like the one in the controller, connector and all. But it wasn't listed as a DJI replacement or product. I don't know if anyone has tried that particular battery. But I'm sure any 2S battery of similar size will work. You would just have to figure out how to wire up the connections. As most lipos have a balance charger connection and and power connection. The lipo in the controller has it all wired into one single plug.

That's if it is the battery. But if it doesn't light up at all without the charger connected, then that is probably what it is.

Another bad thing is that these controller cases are made of defective brittle plastic. So taking the controller apart will probably destroy the case of the controller.

The red light on the left means the RC is not connected. When it connects with the phantom it will turn green.

Have you tried doing a reset on the unit then rebinding it?

It is the battery pack. It has a bad cell in it. PLEASE listen to this advise. I had this same issue with mine and I tried to replace the pack myself. It really is an easy thing to do BUT you want to be sure to disconnect the ribbon cable by opening the black lock down bar on the back white connector. If you do not do that before removing the ribbon cable it will never go back together. I ruined my main board by neglecting to take the time to research and do the repair correctly. Here is the way to do it and be successful at it. PLEASE NOTE at 1:54 where he lifts the black lock down bar. This is where I screwed up. Good luck. Of course if it is under warranty send it back to DJI. ( another of my mistakes). I am pretty convinced that the whole purpose of my life, is to serve as a warning to others.

-Bill

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik