Controller with built in screen

Reaction score
I'm considering the P4P and I've put the "built in screen" version of the RC into the basket.

- is it really an improvement over using an iPhone or iPad in bright light?
- does it record video like the GO App does (cache to iTunes deal).
- likewise the .TXT files?

Thanks.

It is much brighter than my droid turbo 2 display. It is quick to start, but doesn't have a data plan so you'll have to connect to WiFi or a mobile hotspot. Also, additional apps can't be loaded at this time.

I'm considering the P4P and I've put the "built in screen" version of the RC into the basket.

- is it really an improvement over using an iPhone or iPad in bright light?
- does it record video like the GO App does (cache to iTunes deal).
- likewise the .TXT files?

Thanks.
I swear if you have never flown with a bigger screen you won't know what you missing imo! I flew a P4 Plus last weekend and my eyes could not hardly read anything on it! I'm getting too old! LOL. The bigger display is just awesome! Takes 1 min to put my Hoodman screen on and Im good. And I will def be purchasing the Crystal Sky Monitor the day it comes out too! It looks way cool! Been using the Ipad Air 2 and been real happy with it. Just wish it was even brighter even with a hood! You'll love the P4 Pro which ever way you go though!

Last edited:
Reactions: Davidnclearlaketx
And now w/the latest FW update for the P4P+ controller you can download maps so you'll have them stored in case you don't have a hotspot or your smartphone tethered to the controller to use the data plan on your phone.
I have the + now w/built in screen buy will probably purchase the regular P4Pro controller and get the Crystal Sky when it comes out also as KevMo Photog said above. Would be nice to have both. It does boot up and connect to the quad very fast.
:)

Thanks all! Will be reviewing these replies before committing - but it looks like the built-in-screen version.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj