Controller USB wont start the DJI GO app

Reaction score
I use to be able to just connect my USB cable to my android tablet and get the USB debugging message "do you want to use DJI Go app when USB is connected" or something like it but sudently this is not happening any more. It appears that the USB port on the DJI controller does not invoke the USB debugging any more. I tried different USB cables, different android devices etc... nothing no result. I have read on DJI's support forums that others had this problem too and with iOS devices too but i cant find the fix for it. Can anyone help please? My bird is a P3A

I always had Android 5.1.1 on a Huawei M2 801L Media Pad and it was working fine till today and i also tried with other Android devices like i said i.e. a Samsung S6 plus edge. I also enabled the developer mode and made sure the USB debug is active but nothing. Others have been reporting this issue too in the past but i cant find the fix for it. Mind you Noodle the bird and controller where not used for 5 months so the battery on the RC was really low. Do i need to reset the RC to factory ? Or the fact that the bat was low is irrelevant? Any way bottom line it was working just fine last time i used it then it went in a box in the closet for 5 months and this happens. The RC is linking to the bird for sure as i can control the cam etc but the issue is the USB is not promoting me to use the the DJI go app like before and so the app wont connect the the rc. Help pls.

Hmm I am not sure about your problem in this case, sorry.
Hard to predict what will setting after 5 month of hibernation for your RC. May be recharge it to full again and try setting it and the drone up as in the first time you received it new?

The USB port went bad. I went through exactly the same thing, then I ordered the HDMI upgrade module for 95 bucks, installed it in 10 minutes and everything works fine.

I have the HDMI module on JoeJack. I have flown the bird only about 10 times everything was brand new. Does anyone know the sequence for hard reset of the RC? Factory rest? I read it somewhere some time it was a combination with the C buttons. I want to try factory resting the RC incase it will fix this before i replace the USB module.
Noodle yes all new buddy.

JoeJack u where spot on buddy. The HDMI USB module has gone bad... i replaced back my original USB module and it works fine. I guess i have to buy an new HDMI module now as i need the HDMI output too for my Goggles

It appears that for some reason the USB module could get damaged after recharging a completely drained RC battery or i damaged it as by mistake when i was charging it i powered it up with the charger plugged into the RC. The factory reset sequence with the C1 and 2 and rec and right scrol buttons did not do anything not it reset to factory the rc as it is still paired with the bird.

Mr. Spock, try re-installing the HDMI module and see if the USB works. I've built several computers, and I've seen many problems solved just by re-seating cables. Over time, or when in storage, connections can work loose or some oxidation develops on the contacts in the connectors and causes problems. If you touched the contacts with your fingers, oils from your hands can also cause problems. You've got nothing to lose and you just might save yourself some money if it works. Good luck!

Thank u @DennyBoBenny. It was the first thing i tried after seen that the original USB module worked once i replaced the HDMI USB module. I put back the HDMI USB module but nothing . I must have fried it or corrupted its bootloader or internal SW when charging the RC for first time after 5 months of inactivity. But why would the RC be fine and only the module be affected? Any way thank God i had the original USB module that i put back in and worked.
I tested the HDMI port too that did not gave a signal ether. If there was a way to troubleshoot or debug the HDMI module by connecting it to a laptop via USB or something it would be cool as i dont think its fried and with a reflash or a hard rest it would work again. Any ideas on how to salvage and restore the HDMI module that appears to give not data from its USB port are welcome. By the way the port gave power only.

Thank u @DennyBoBenny. It was the first thing i tried after seen that the original USB module worked once i replaced the HDMI USB module. I put back the HDMI USB module but nothing . I must have fried it or corrupted its bootloader or internal SW when charging the RC for first time after 5 months of inactivity. But why would the RC be fine and only the module be affected? Any way thank God i had the original USB module that i put back in and worked.
I tested the HDMI port too that did not gave a signal ether. If there was a way to troubleshoot or debug the HDMI module by connecting it to a laptop via USB or something it would be cool as i dont think its fried and with a reflash or a hard rest it would work again. Any ideas on how to salvage and restore the HDMI module that appears to give not data from its USB port are welcome. By the way the port gave power only.

It was worth a try. Sorry, I have no idea how to troubleshoot the HDMI module. Probably some components on the circuit board are fried.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik