Controller Stick Mod

Mark The Droner

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Hello -

I recently modded my controller and thought it was worth sharing.

When we are bringing our craft down, it's nice to have the elevator lock, isn't it? It locks the left elevator stick down so that you don't have to hold it while you steer your craft down. It also ensures you won't accidentally CSC. I wanted to also put a lock on the straight ahead throttle stick to send the craft forward at top speed without having to worry about accidentally pushing it to the left, right, or less than full speed.

To do this mod, you need a dead controller or a spare controller. Many of us have upgraded our controllers because the P2V+ style has a FABULOUS gimbal control, much better than the dumb one on our app. It also has a much better battery - a Lipo instead of four AAs. So if you bought one and still have your old controller, you're all set.

Open the dead controller and remove the steel spring on the right side. It's held by two screws. Next remove the white plastic part that's underneath the spring. Set these parts aside.

Open your good controller and remove the white part on the left side. Replace it with the white part you removed from the dead controller. Obviously, you will insert it upside down from how it was before since you're putting it on the other side. Next, install the spring. Again, this will be upside down from how the spring is oriented on the right side. Now you have a metal spring for each stick.

DCP_6942.jpg

Test it. Your right hand control stick should lock in place perfectly at the top center.

Put it together. Put the dead one together too, replacing the white part.

THE P2V LIVES

Reactions: dirkclod

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr