Controller RTH button right has collapsed inwards!

Reaction score
Was just playing with the Sim when I thought I'd try the RTH with the controller rt button.Did not apply any undue force but it no longer stays proud as the left button. Any idea how I might sort it out and what screws eye I should undo to get at it? Many thanks.

Was just playing with the Sim when I thought I'd try the RTH with the controller rt button.Did not apply any undue force but it no longer stays proud as the left button. Any idea how I might sort it out and what screws eye I should undo to get at it? Many thanks.
You are at least the 4th person I've heard say this about their RTH button.
Maybe read through this thread and it's included links to other threads.
Return Home button sinking into transmitter | DJI Phantom Forum

thanks for the reply Oso. It seems I am not alone! As with the OP of the thread you pointed me to, in every other respect the controller works perfectly. I am reluctant to open it up myself and nether do I want to send it to DJI under warranty and wait until next muck spreading. I shall phone their official repair agents in the UK, Drone Doctor, to see whether they can expedite a fix. All the best.

thanks for the reply Oso. It seems I am not alone! As with the OP of the thread you pointed me to, in every other respect the controller works perfectly. I am reluctant to open it up myself and nether do I want to send it to DJI under warranty and wait until next muck spreading. I shall phone their official repair agents in the UK, Drone Doctor, to see whether they can expedite a fix. All the best.

Skylark, it really is piss easy to open up.

Reactions: Skylark
Skylark, it really is piss easy to open up.
Thanks. I might attempt it if i` thought `i could fix it without requiring a spare part. Also, I gather there are 4 Philip headed stew that would release it. Am I right?

You are correct sir, however the plastic used is kind of shite, most probably its broken off and you might have to tinker with it and come up with a solution, sending it off to DJI? Might as well buy another lol
Honestly speaking its 50% come loose or 50% broke off the shitty plastic, either way you would have to come up with a solution but yes its piss easy to take off.

You take off the rear board (USB Board - be careful with the ribbons) and then you have 1 screw on either side under the rubber pads.

The ribbons are the hardest part (for some, I found it easy).

If your going to send it off to some place in the UK, with our inflation prices it would probably be best to source out a used one on ebay.

If it's a button that you plan to use, then fix it. If not then go Duct Tape :eek:

Thanks. I might attempt it if i` thought `i could fix it without requiring a spare part. Also, I gather there are 4 Philip headed stew that would release it. Am I right?
If you decide to try it, hopefully you saw this post in the other thread I sent to you. Maybe you have the same issue.
R.C. broken | DJI Phantom Forum

Reactions: D4T_PoM
You are correct sir, however the plastic used is kind of shite, most probably its broken off and you might have to tinker with it and come up with a solution, sending it off to DJI? Might as well buy another lol
Honestly speaking its 50% come loose or 50% broke off the shitty plastic, either way you would have to come up with a solution but yes its piss easy to take off.

You take off the rear board (USB Board - be careful with the ribbons) and then you have 1 screw on either side under the rubber pads.

The ribbons are the hardest part (for some, I found it easy).

If your going to send it off to some place in the UK, with our inflation prices it would probably be best to source out a used one on ebay.
Don't see why I should pay anything for it as it is clearly a design fault! Might just get another under warranty from DJI and play with my Blade Nano QX like a teenager...lol. As you know the weather her is crap - high winds and lots of rain. Cheers,

Michael

A happy ending! Just obtained a replacement new controller with is now paired with the bird. No need to wait endlessly for DJI to do its bit!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj