Controller problem

Reaction score
hy everyone (and excuse my english). As a new owner of a phantom 3 advanced, it is time for me to face the very first problem, after 2 months from buying it. I did search the forum for the same problem, yet i failed to find something similar.
I last flew my bird last week. Everithing was perfect, as usual, util my drone decided to start heading slowly left, even if the right joystick was not touched. For the bird to stay in position, i had to push the right joystick at about 50% to the right, then i choose a flat location, and command the autolanding. It land without problems. No warnings or errors on the display (DJI GO, last version). In remote controler settings, the left joystick was at 48% left, without being touched. I shut down the drone, and proceed to calibrate the controller. It did, everything was back to normal, it take off and flight normaly for the rest of that day.
The weather stopped me to fly again, untill today, so, because the clear sky was so tempting, I decided to fly again. Yet i did not, because my remote, at first start, was red and beeping, and the DJI was asking me to calibrate the controller. so i did, again, but this time, the right joystick was deviated to right (18%). Now is again calibrated, but still, i decided not to risk flying (I was not in the mood anymore).
So...any suggestions? I do like to flight manual, so, for me, to have this kind of problem with the controller is something that realy bother me.

PS....As the bird is new, all the firmwares are the latest.

hy everyone (and excuse my english). As a new owner of a phantom 3 advanced, it is time for me to face the very first problem, after 2 months from buying it. I did search the forum for the same problem, yet i failed to find something similar.
I last flew my bird last week. Everithing was perfect, as usual, util my drone decided to start heading slowly left, even if the right joystick was not touched. For the bird to stay in position, i had to push the right joystick at about 50% to the right, then i choose a flat location, and command the autolanding. It land without problems. No warnings or errors on the display (DJI GO, last version). In remote controler settings, the left joystick was at 48% left, without being touched. I shut down the drone, and proceed to calibrate the controller. It did, everything was back to normal, it take off and flight normaly for the rest of that day.
The weather stopped me to fly again, untill today, so, because the clear sky was so tempting, I decided to fly again. Yet i did not, because my remote, at first start, was red and beeping, and the DJI was asking me to calibrate the controller. so i did, again, but this time, the right joystick was deviated to right (18%). Now is again calibrated, but still, i decided not to risk flying (I was not in the mood anymore).
So...any suggestions? I do like to flight manual, so, for me, to have this kind of problem with the controller is something that realy bother me.

PS....As the bird is new, all the firmwares are the latest.
Hi festivstudio! - Your English is fine, btw... :)

First of all check that your joysticks are moving freely and not 'sticky'. (I expect you already have)

It might be an idea to do a set of calibrations even though you're not getting messages about them... IMU and compass, specifically.

Even if you don't do them all, at some time you will eventually have to fly to try out the latest calibration(s). Of course, choose a good day with little wind and a good location (plenty of room and no obstacles). Check your RTH settings beforehand. Keep it low and keep it close - and watch carefully to see what's happening, as I'm sure you have already done.

Good luck!

So you calibrated the RC sticks, correct? Someone mentioned they calibrated theirs, but after flying it drifted off calibration a bit and was showing blue to the side where ti was all black prior to the flight. Might try and move the sticks around a lot to exercise them and clean the bands in the pots which might help and do another stick calibration. Otherwise a defective controller might be the outcome as was the guy who posted about his.

I just fly in simulator, and again, in the middle of the flight, it start flying left this time. the joystick is moving freely, does not feel stuck. i did not calibrate again, only restart the controller, and now is at 0% on all axis again. The fact that is deviating in the mid flight is something serious enough to contact DJI support. Thanks for sugestions.

PS. I did calibrate the compass, prior flying, and i just calibrate IMU again this morning. the problem persist in the simulator, so i suspect the controller.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1