Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Controller Not Updating to Firmware 1.3.20

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by Alexei Karam, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Alexei Karam

The controller did not recognize the usb stick with the firmware and the upgrade would not happen. From the App it said to upgrade using a USB!
    I just removed the DJI GO app I had installed yesterday from my iPad and reinstalled it. It fixed the problem and I was able to successfully update my controller from the app.

skyhighdiver likes this.
  2. Bill Bergman

I think mine updated but didn't add a txt file to the sd card.

3. hidaven

Same here......USB doesn't work. Thank god the app lets you do it but we still need a fix unless the USB port isn't functioning correctly

4. vincey2kr1

Weird I couldn't get it to update through the app, it said my device is not compatible to upgrade through the app. I used the USB method and it updated no problems.

5. Bateman233

Weird, I just turned mine on (updated the quad) to update the controller and nowhere on the app does it say I need to update the controller?! Said everything is normal?

6. Bateman233

I updated my quad successfully, downloaded the newest app, turned on the controller and connect but the app IS NOT saying I need to update the controller? Says everything is normal.

#6 Bateman233, Aug 5, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2015
  7. hidaven

Odd, mine updated......I think it said my controller was on 1.15 so maybe that's why? I was told there were some issues if the new radios ended in a B.....I just bought the new he I board so hopefully it addresses the USB glitch

QUOTE="Bateman233, post: 472214, member: 10513"]I updated my quad successfully, downloaded the newest app, turned on the controller and connect but the app IS NOT saying I need to update the controller? Says everything is normal.[/QUOTE]

8. quasimodo

just update my drone. but having problems with controller. use USB card reader stick into controller nothing happened. what?????!!!!!. just bought a new one. then i've watched in youtube some guy update using USB cable..and it worked!!!!!!!. Brilliant. thank GOD there's another way to do it.

9. FASTFJR

LMAO
    I just went thru the same crap. Turns out if you have the new controller its updated thru the App. Per their instructions it does said to do the transmitter also but I guess its not needed. Almost crapped myself when I thought I bricked the transmitter when nothing was happening

10. ayt

ayt