Controller lights stay lit when pushing power button once, but won't connect to aircraft.

Reaction score
Phantom 3 Advanced, only two days old. I've searched for hours but cannot find anything exactly like I'm experiencing. My controller lights come on, and stay on after pushing the button just once. The rear aircraft lights continuously flash yellow, which indicates the controller is not connected. I successfully updated the firmware on the aircraft, but no such luck with updating the controller. I've tried all methods that I know of. When I try updating the controller firmware through the GO app, the progress stays at 0%. After about 30 seconds, it states the upgrade failed and says "start upgrade". As soon as I click "start upgrade", a pop-up appears and says "not connected".

Of note, I had two successful flights prior to this happening, so everything was in good working order when I first got it. All this started after I initially tried updating the firmware when prompted to do so in the GO app. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

You might try to install the previous firmware, and then upgrade to the newer version once again.

RedHotPoker

Reactions: ROD PAINTER
Thank you. I just tried your suggestion, but it's still doing the same thing... when I push the controller power button once, all five lights come on and stay on. I do not have to push the power button a second time like ordinary power up. The yellow lights on the aircraft still flash after power up, signaling no connection with the controller. I didn't state this before, but after charging the controller, all the lights stay lit. They blink during charging, but eventually stop blinking and stay solidly lit.

It's evidently malfunctioning. You will likely have to replace it, or send it to a service centre for repair or exchange.

RedHotPoker

It's evidently malfunctioning. You will likely have to replace it, or send it to a service centre for repair or exchange.

RedHotPoker

I purchased it directly from DJI and just received it on Friday. I would think they would replace it. I haven't yet looked into warranty issues, but from your experience (I'm a complete newbie to both drones and DJI), does this seem like something DJI would easily swap out and give me a new controller?

They "should" send you a new one, and then you could return that one, in the same box. But they will likely require it be diagnosed first.

Don't delay, call them Monday morning. Which is right about now. Hahaha
Of course they need to get it right..

RefHotPoker

They "should" send you a new one, and then you could return that one, in the same box. But they will likely require it be diagnosed first.

Don't delay, call them Monday morning. Which is right about now. Hahaha
Of course they need to get it right..

RefHotPoker

Appreciate your help! Thanks again.

I hope it works out for you, soon, and that your RC and drone work flawlessly when up you get it working. I know how frustrating these purchases can be, when flight errors arrive or the problematic components won't cooperate. All the Worse when it's still new. ;-)

RedHotPoker

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers