Controller is Bricked

Reaction score
I updated all of the software last night, and the remote controller no longer turns on. Just after it said to power cycle it, the light went out and it's non responsive. Since it will not turn on, I cannot reinstall the firmware or do anything. I also tried fresh batteries but still no luck. Any thoughts or ideas on how to get this to turn on? I assume there is no "reset" button anywhere.

There is a small reset button inside on the TX board. Hold that down while you turn power on to the transmitter and see if that helps.

xgeek said:
There is a small reset button inside on the TX board. Hold that down while you turn power on to the transmitter and see if that helps.

Thanks for the tip- I found the reset button and now it makes a light buzzing noise (very faint). No lights or connection via USB however.

I just had this happen to me too. Any help would be great. I tried the black button trick on the inside with the power and nothing. Does anyone know what to do????

Just wanted to give an update. I found there was an issue with the battery bars in the remote to keep them all in series. I put the volt meeter on and was getting 3.2V with new batteries. (should be almost 7) I finally got it updated. However during testing the new update the thing lost signal. So I did what it says in the manual to turn off the controller and the **** thing fell out of the sky now. I would love to have it back the way it was when I got it. Luckily i was quick thinking and able to use the find my phantom on the app. It got me close (say 25ft or so) I did find it hanging about 5 ft off the ground in netting of tree brush. No harm to it at all. Im afraid to fly it now. This stuff is FUN!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl