P3 Firmware Controller Identity Crisis!!!

Reaction score
I updated my P3A and batteries to 1.9 and it went smooth as silk.
My controller gave me a red triangle and said I had to upgrade the Controller FW. It was still connecting and I had Camera, but it wouldn't power up. It said the FW was already downloaded and ready to install. Now the Controller wont connect to the Drone at all,,won't re-link, and worst of all,,,The controller thinks it's for a P4!! and nothing I do has convinced it otherwise. I tried rolling back the update, it fails. I've tried re-loading the FW and it literally did the blue light/4 rapid Beeps thing for an hour. it Because the controller tells the app it's a P4 the options on the App are for a P4 (anti-collision sensors and such) I asked DJI and if they help I will pass it on but is there anyone who has heard of this before? Can anyone help?

I updated mine this weekend, the remote is now updated via the app and not from firmware download as described in many videos.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

First thing to try is to force the download again. Hold the icon in the top right of the tablet screen (this is iOS, I think Android is the same). You should then get a screen allowing you to download the firmware once more.

There is another step that involves a complicated finger dance with the controller, but try this first. The fact that the tablet thinks you have magically upgraded to a P4 is normal when it doesn't know what it's hooked up to.

Wishful thinking on the part of DJI, I suppose.

I'm using an iPad Air, I've uninstalled it and reinstalled it. It doesn't seem to care what I select on the app when it prompts you to select. It changed to a P4 as soon as they connect...I did the C1,C2,record, and thumb wheel and forced the firmware download. It still won't upgrade anymore. I get 0% on the progress bar..It can't roll back and load a previous version because the previous version it fetches is just the 1.5 version of the P4 and it just freezes it. It thinks it's a P4 so I don't think it's ever going to try to load a P3. Sigh.....

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20