Controller fix and cause case

Reaction score
I have the 3 4k, and after the controller would not turn on, or charge, I found a guy on Ytube that had and easy fix. Open it up, unplug the battery and plug it back in. Works like a charm. Only what I want to know is why it shut down like it did. Some say over charge fail safe. Others say bad battery. Does anyone know? If it's an over charge fail safe I'm ok with opening the controller up now and then, but a battery issue could be an in flight disaster. Thanks for any info and KEEP FLYIN!!

I have the 3 4k, and after the controller would not turn on, or charge, I found a guy on Ytube that had and easy fix. Open it up, unplug the battery and plug it back in. Works like a charm. Only what I want to know is why it shut down like it did. Some say over charge fail safe. Others say bad battery. Does anyone know? If it's an over charge fail safe I'm ok with opening the controller up now and then, but a battery issue could be an in flight disaster. Thanks for any info and KEEP FLYIN!!
Hi good little trick,,not had this happen thankfully ,,i do know they have a discharge period if unused for a while..:)happy flyin,i goin soon

Reactions: OOO
Hi good little trick,,not had this happen thankfully ,,i do know they have a discharge period if unused for a while..:)happy flyin,i goin soon
I'll check into that discharge time frame. It was only a couple days since I had it on to view what was on the card. It was a full charge at that time. Probably watched 16-20 minutes of video, then shut it all down. It's the second time I have had to open the controller. It's definitely a problem that needs to be looked into. Seems I see lots of controllers on e bay being sold for that very reason. Anyway, if you ever have it happen, that's all you need to do to get flying!

I'll check into that discharge time frame. It was only a couple days since I had it on to view what was on the card. It was a full charge at that time. Probably watched 16-20 minutes of video, then shut it all down. It's the second time I have had to open the controller. It's definitely a problem that needs to be looked into. Seems I see lots of controllers on e bay being sold for that very reason. Anyway, if you ever have it happen, that's all you need to do to get flying!
Awsome mate thanks:)

Awsome mate thanks:)
Very welcome. The actual symptoms are (will not turn on/charger appears to do nothing) When you get the case open, there is a small LED flashing inside the controller. After unplugging and reconnecting the light goes out. I'm thinking that light is for the repair tech to let him know what the issue/fix is. Then the tech does the unplug reconnect and gets a nice fee. I'm not one to give up without a fight and save some money when possible!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers