Controller firmware mis-match

Reaction score
I recently swapped out the landing gear on my p2 for the longer wider gear. My first flight was not good. The quad was very hard to control. I did the calibration dance and it got a bit better, but the quad still wanders quite a lot. I did the calibration dance again with no improvement.

I tried to go into the Naza assistant software to do an IMU calibration, but when it first came up, there was a message that said "Main controller firmware mis-match" Any attempt to go to menus other that "upgrade" gave me the message "You must upgrade main controller firmware to new version" I plugged the controller in and got the windows "BA-DING" of recognition, but when I tried when I tried to check for updates, kept getting the "Please connect to the controller" message. Disconnecting gave me the "DE-BONG" of disconnection, so I know windows is seeing the device.

I tried again to connect to the p2 and again could not get off the upgrade menu option with the same messages above. checking for updates returned "no updates" for all items.

My firmware is as follows...

Cotroller 3.02
GPS 6.0.1.4
phantom reciever 1.0.0.0
Gimbal CMU 1.0
Gimbal IMU 1.8
Battery 2.0.0.0

I did notice that controller firmware version 3.04 is available, but I can't down load it from the controller and when connected to the p2, it says no updates

Sorry for the length of this postg, but any help would be appreciated.

Edit: Since posting this, I did find out that one of my props was broken in a not very noticeable fashion. The original issue is resolved, but I silll have the issue outlined above of not being able to get into the assistent software.

You do need the latest assistant software to apply the newer firmware - if you want to.
I would just uninstall whatever you have now and start over from here (assuming you have the P2)
http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2/download

The assistant finds and installs the latest firmware - if you let it, you don't usually need to download it.

So you might need the RC assistant to do the controller first (not always required but advisable)
But you must have the Assistant software 3.00
It sounds like you already have the driver.
when you run that assistant it will ask if you want to update the firmware, and download it on its own.

I upgraded to Ver 3 of the assistant software and that allowed the firmware to update on the quad. Thank you very much for the guidance.

I still can't seem to connect to the controller, though, to update the controller firmware. I may be confused, but if I have 3.02 on the controller and 3.04 is available, should I not be able to use a micro USB and connect to the controller and update it as I did the quad?

Ok, as I said, upgrading the Assistant also upgraded the firmware on the p2. That solved the problem I was having running the assistant software, but now I have a new problem.

When I tried to fly the quad for the first time after the firmware was upgraded, I get the red, green and yellow sequence (warming up) but never get past that. I am really not sure where to go with this.

Could I have screwed the pooch upgrading the firmware? I was really looking forward to flying this weekend too. ****

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj