Controller disconnecting during flight.

Reaction score
Hi All,
I'm a rookie with my Phantom 4. I'm finding that it regularly disconnects during flight. The app displays "Disconnected" and the camera stops operating. What is odd is that the joysticks stick function. I tried shutting off the controller and restarting it while the aircraft is in flight and sometimes the camera returns. It's frustrating. I've read on here about thus happening when the drone is directly overhead, but that's not the case here. Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

There a number of reasons for a disconnect including obstructions during flight, interference from nearby buildings etc. It seems you are losing your video only as you can still control the drone (the green light is still on the controller). Antenna orientation is very important and there are a number of video clips and information on here explaining it. Unfortunately I don't know to link them using my CryPad. Try to keep the legs parallel with the drone legs when flying away from yourself, when flying overhead lay the antenna arms parallel with the ground to maintain a good signal with the drone. Maybe go to an open field and experiment some more with your aiming technique.

Is it the RC disconnecting from the AC, or simply the RC disconnected from the mobile device/app?
Your description suggests the latter. On a P3 the RC LED shows green when it is in communication with the AC and will turn red when signal is lost.
The app will say Disconnected when it can't communicate with the RC and Weak Signal when app is communicating with the RC but not the RC with the AC.
Check that you have a good USB cable that isn't making an intermittent connection.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hi All,
I'm a rookie with my Phantom 4. I'm finding that it regularly disconnects during flight. The app displays "Disconnected" and the camera stops operating. What is odd is that the joysticks stick function. I tried shutting off the controller and restarting it while the aircraft is in flight and sometimes the camera returns. It's frustrating. I've read on here about thus happening when the drone is directly overhead, but that's not the case here. Any thoughts?

I've had that happen, as you described, twice now this year. Kind of caught me by surprise the first time as I rarely have problems like that. (Android tablet).

As the green connect light is still on, I had control of the drone but decided to bring it in close to me and attempt a restart of the DJIGo4 app "just in case" anything odd happened.

As it turned out, the app restarted and pickup up with video and a full connection. The video never even stopped.

No, I do not know WHY the app just died on me and gave the "Disconnected" message but it may have been something as simple as my table overheating. Who knows!!

AD

Hi All,

Hello, could any of you please post a flight log or check it to see if there is any disconnection message? Would you remember if the RC light was Red or Green? Thanks.

I discovered that my tablet must have USB mode to None (charge only) or the app won't link.
To add insult to injury, if the tablet decided it should be file transfer, I can't change it. I can select another mode, but goes right back to MTS and app won't link. Original workaround was to reboot the tablet while USB connected to RC and RC is on.
I found another workaround that often works is powercycle the RC while Go in home screen (screen that let's you choose the AC type).

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj