controller connect issues

Reaction score
First of all, hello. I'm new to these parts. I received my Vision yesterday and have since been attempting to update the little monster. I installed the two drivers. The first driver confused me because it called for connecting to the "controller." I tried that a few times, but finally thought to connect it to the Vision itself in order to have the driver successfully install. Then I installed the Assistant and had it update the Vision to the latest version. The assistant informed me that I must update the controller to version 1.08 in order for it to now be compatible with the updated Vision. Here is the problem. Whenever I try to connect the controller, using a micro usb, to my computer the assistant does not recognize it. I get the message to, "connect controller." Why is this? The controller is in the "on" position and connected to the computer. And don't even get me started on the adobe camera upgrade...

I am a having a kind of similar problem (phantom 2 non-vision, h3-2d gimbal, gopro black). Since i got my phantom two weeks ago, i was never able to connect the controller to the assistant software. it doesn't recognize it. I am using a mac. I saw people with similar problems on this site, but none ever came to a conclusion that fixed that problem for me.
However, the phantom itself connects to the software, and i flew it a couple times fine. I can calibrate the remote control when the phantom is plugged via USB into the computer. But the software doesnt see the remote control when its plugged in via USB.
& now suddenly, tried to fly it yesterday, and i'm having a problem where the gopro is tilted down all the time, and the X1 controller on the phantom remote control doesn't fix anything. Again, i saw other people with the same problem, but i saw no posts on this site about this compounded problem.
Also, when i plug the phantom into the assistant software, i can calibrate the sticks on the controller, but not the x1/pan tilt lever - it doesnt seem to be responding at all.
I have a previous version of the zenmuse firmware, but I am unable to update my zenmuse to version 1.8 - since i can't connect the remote controller to the computer, i can't do the required remote control updates (to V1.0.1.11 if I need it) first.
Any help at all?? Thanks.

I'm also new and have a similar issue.

The release note dated January 9, 2014 says update remote controller firmware to V1.0.1.11.

I just got my Phantom 2 (non-vision, no H3-2D) and have been following through the User Manual v1.04.

I got to section 7, downloaded the Driver and Assistant software and connected the Phantom to my PC (Win 8.1 Pro 64 bit) and had no problems running these and connecting to the Phantom.

Then moved to section 7.4, but the controller will not connect. Assistant Software just waits at an intro screen. After a long wait I skipped this, but clearly it's not connected.

How should I proceed?

ALAN

update: i was able to update my controller to the latest version, using someone else's pc and the RC Assistant software. However, after upgrading that (and the zenmuse to 1.8), doing a power cycle, i'm still having the same issue with the X1 not responding at all.
So apparently this is not a remote controller or zenmuse firmware issue, at least for me.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20