Controller Compairison. GL300C vs GL300A vs GL658B

That's impressive....do you know what kind of range you could have gone with the stock GL300C RC at the same location?
With original GL300C and windsurfer I have a kind of range of 12.500 feet before to lost the radio signal. With GL 300A there is a few of visual disturbance, but the radio signal was rock solid.

With original GL300C and windsurfer I have a kind of range of 12.500 feet before to lost the radio signal. With GL 300A there is a few of visual disturbance, but the radio signal was rock solid.
To clarify, I think you're saying that during your 16,000' mission the display had some glitches, but never went away, and the HD signal bars for video at the top of the screen were strong until you turned around. So you never lost video, or got a weak HD signal bar, but you turned around (presumably due to battery reserve) and returned. However with GL300C you would lose HD signal bars and camera view at 12,500 often.

What I've noticed is the stock GL300C loses the control signal first. This signal strength is shown at the top using the RC ICON, next to the HD signal bar display. With GL300C, whenever my control signal gets weak I still have good video signal bars showing, but when the control signal is lost, automatically my video link is lost too, even though I had a good HD signal strength bars right up until the control signal disconnected. This behavior is different than my P3P, which NEVER loses control signal with the craft. It always loses video first (my preference) at about 12,000 to 15,000' (with windsurfer), but when that happens I can always ascend in an effort to regain the video signal, which usually works.

To clarify, I think you're saying that during your 16,000' mission the display had some glitches, but never went away, and the HD signal bars for video at the top of the screen were strong until you turned around. So you never lost video, or got a weak HD signal bar, but you turned around (presumably due to battery reserve) and returned. However with GL300C you would lose HD signal bars and camera view at 12,500 often.

What I've noticed is the stock GL300C loses the control signal first. This signal strength is shown at the top using the RC ICON, next to the HD signal bar display. With GL300C, whenever my control signal gets weak I still have good video signal bars showing, but when the control signal is lost, automatically my video link is lost too, even though I had a good HD signal strength bars right up until the control signal disconnected. This behavior is different than my P3P, which NEVER loses control signal with the craft. It always loses video first (my preference) at about 12,000 to 15,000' (with windsurfer), but when that happens I can always ascend in an effort to regain the video signal, which usually works.

It's correct. The video signal had some glitches, but return after a few time. I turned around when I see some red bar in the transmission signal (at 16.000 feet) for prudence, not in automatic RTH. With the original GL300C at 12.500 feet I lost first the radio signal and the video signal too.
I bought the GL300A RC after read comments of you in the discussion of this forum.
Bye

Last edited:
I just got a GL300A in (will test after Canadian thanksgiving weekend which is this weekend) and I have tested the GL658B !!

We can 100% test yours when we mod it and share the results with you !! Are you in Canada or sending it to Maxx UAV USA ?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
im in Saskatchewan bro , where you at , mite want work done , thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers