Controller Compairison. GL300C vs GL300A vs GL658B

John,

4500' at 300 feet. That is terrible. If I would have gone up higher I could have gone farther . I was flying over the city. I picked 300 feet as the limit for some unknown reason.Wind surfers are next. It started snowing, and going to snow for the next two days. Winter in Anchorage.

John,

4500' at 300 feet. That is terrible. If I would have gone up higher I could have gone farther . I was flying over the city. I picked 300 feet as the limit for some unknown reason.Wind surfers are next. It started snowing, and going to snow for the next two days. Winter in Anchorage.
OK, That's about what I got with my GL300C too with no Windsurfer. One time I went 15,000 with the GL300C using windsurfer (Ch20 @ 4mbps), but it wasn't reliable. I would sometimes lose all signal at 4000' with windsurfer, in the same area I could go 10,000' reliably with my P3P/GL300A. When I switched to GL658A (Inspire), suddenly I could go 10,000' without windsurfer and 18,000' with windsurfer, reliably. Flying my P4 so dramatically better with GL658A for range, that I got really curious and bought an RF power meter ($150) and did some comparisons with my P3P/GL300A, as well as my GL300C. I'm surprised you didn't experience similar range improvement.

Reactions: hotashes
Do you suggest the GL658C over the GL300A on my P4? Cheers peeps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The GL300A is a great option at a good price. If you can get a deal on a GL658C try it, on paper it is the one to have.
My P4 didn't notice much difference between the stock 300C, a 300A and a 658A, the data is in this thread.

Turbo

The GL300A is a great option at a good price. If you can get a deal on a GL658C try it, on paper it is the one to have.
My P4 didn't notice much difference between the stock 300C, a 300A and a 658A, the data is in this thread.

Turbo

As John stated as I'm in the uk it's best I boost the signal due to CE compliance?

As John stated as I'm in the uk it's best I boost the signal due to CE compliance?

You lost me, are you asking a new question ?

You lost me, are you asking a new question ?

Apologies, you say on paper get the GL658C over the GL300A. I was asking your calculations are based within the USA where as mine are in uk of which I believe as John says there are restrictions on CE compliance. I'm guessing without any booster both controllers will be similar in the uk?

Without a booster, the 3 controllers I tested ( US Spec ) returned similar results.
I posted the data in this thread.
I agree with John, I would boost it.

Without a booster, the 3 controllers I tested ( US Spec ) returned similar results.
I posted the data in this thread.
I agree with John, I would boost it.

Can I clarify, boosted means sunhans amps?

U.K. Side pushing the Phantom 4. Peace

That is one type of booster.. You really need to read this Flying from inside house or car anyone? and this Antenna jungle - inventory - What's out there? A lot of good info.
Or get ahold of MAXX Uav, Johnny just installed there set up on his Controller.

Again!!! I've read them and they are very much exciting. I'm just at the very beginning with drones, let along equipment ha ha. I know I make my questions seem confusing however it's because I find things a little more difficult in drips and drabs. If only these threads had video footage I could watch linked ha ha.

YES, Twice !!! LOL, Joking.
It's a lot to digest. I had to make notes and have read back over sections several times.
I would go with the Maxx Uav Panel antenna with amp. All mounted to the controller.
The controller will need to be modified with easy install cables that replace the stock antenna's and terminate with a SMA connection. Your cables will screw to that..

Turbo out :)

Reactions: hotashes
YES, Twice !!! LOL, Joking.
It's a lot to digest. I had to make notes and have read back over sections several times.
I would go with the Maxx Uav Panel antenna with amp. All mounted to the controller.
The controller will need to be modified with easy install cables that replace the stock antenna's and terminate with a SMA connection. Your cables will screw to that..

Turbo out :)

Just as I imagined from what I digested, thanks for the re assurance. It costs nothing, but patience lol

My GL300A is boosted. I haven't gone any super long distances with it yet. Trying to go slow. I was almost a mile away and tried to land behind some trees. Got about 50 ' from the ground and the weak signal warning. Changed my mind, because it would of been hell to try to retrieve it.

My GL300A is boosted. I haven't gone any super long distances with it yet. Trying to go slow. I was almost a mile away and tried to land behind some trees. Got about 50 ' from the ground and the weak signal warning. Changed my mind, because it would of been hell to try to retrieve it.

I know I fear that happening as I like dropping down to get footage and even without landing the video footage begins to glitch, I couldn't imagine how I would feel if I decided to land some distance away and then couldn't pick up signal to CSC

You should try to get comfortable with RTH behavior. Test RTH, and test it again, and test again. Once you learn the attributes of the RTH behavior and gain confidence, you should become more comfortable dropping behind some trees, hoping to get a shot.

If the craft were to go into AUTO RTH, it should rise above the trees where the signal will come back and you can regain control. Just make sure your RTH altitude is set appropriate for the mission.

Thanks John. I completely forgot about that part of the RTH feature.

I just got a GL300A in (will test after Canadian thanksgiving weekend which is this weekend) and I have tested the GL658B !!

We can 100% test yours when we mod it and share the results with you !! Are you in Canada or sending it to Maxx UAV USA ?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I wait your opinion after the test of GL300A with a Phantom 4 and if the range is better than the original.

I wait your opinion after the test of GL300A with a Phantom 4 and if the range is better than the original.

I'm debating a GL300A as well for increased range / signal stability so I'd like to hear what you, and anybody else, has to say about using the GL300A with a Phantom 4.

Thanks in advance!

Today, with a GL300A radio transmitter and a windsurfer, my Phantom 4 fly to 16.000 feet to range. The radio signal was still present, but I return at home for prudence.

Today, with a GL300A radio transmitter and a windsurfer, my Phantom 4 fly to 16.000 feet to range. The radio signal was still present, but I return at home for prudence.

That's impressive....do you know what kind of range you could have gone with the stock GL300C RC at the same location?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj