??:controller charge status, wiFi FPV monitor

Reaction score
Hello from Arab Alabama
Very good sight with lots of helpful information.

I've searched and read my pdf and can't seem to find any answer to,
1: How do you know the charge status of your remote controller? does it beep or the lights flash when the charge is low?

2: has anyone used the wiFi FPV monitors instead of there iphone or droid to view from the Phantom?
I worry about a phone call interrupting my flight, if the fps monitor is a bad idea ( I know some are cheap unreliable screens. ips is best) I thought I will get an inexpensive cell just for the Phantom. (thinking Samsung Nexus)

any and all insight is appreciated

Thank you

Terry

Hello!

1. Page 9 of the latest DJI manual will give you all the info on the transmitter LED status indicator...

2. Not sure what you mean by "wifi FPV monitors". The Vision video stream is interpreted by either an iOS or Android app, so you need a device running one of those. If you want a bigger screen several people have reported good results with iPad mini, Android 7" tablets, even full-size iPad! Search the forum here for several mounting options.

However, bearing in mind you probably shouldn't be answering any phone when flying (even if not using it for FPV) why don't you just set your handset to aeroplane mode (or "airplane" if you prefer) and just activate the wifi? You can always check your voicemails when you've landed. Enjoy your flying - it's a great way to escape from phone calls!

Not sure why I looked over page 9. :-/ Indeed that is eXactly what I needed. (blinks and beeps when voltage is below 3.9v)
Airplane mode it is while flying. I'm going to get a Nexus for use only with my Phantom and not use for nothing else.
Thank you for the info.
Pull_Up said:
Hello!

1. Page 9 of the latest DJI manual will give you all the info on the transmitter LED status indicator...

2. Not sure what you mean by "wifi FPV monitors". The Vision video stream is interpreted by either an iOS or Android app, so you need a device running one of those. If you want a bigger screen several people have reported good results with iPad mini, Android 7" tablets, even full-size iPad! Search the forum here for several mounting options.

However, bearing in mind you probably shouldn't be answering any phone when flying (even if not using it for FPV) why don't you just set your handset to aeroplane mode (or "airplane" if you prefer) and just activate the wifi? You can always check your voicemails when you've landed. Enjoy your flying - it's a great way to escape from phone calls!

No problem! Lots of people report great experiences with the Nexus 7 for a bigger screen experience. I run a nexus 4 phone with KitKat which has enough grunt to give lag-free video stream. Not all android phones/tablet are made equal, so try and get the price/performance trade-off right. Have fun!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.