Controller causing interference on Boscam FPV monitor

Reaction score
I have my P2 Version 2 and a Boscam LCD5802 diversity monitor. The issue is noticeable without the Phantom even powered on so it's not related the the vtx mounted on the phantom. When I have my monitor mounted to my controller the moment I turn on the controller I get interference on the screen, rolling static and once I start flying it get's even worse and I have practically no range for my FPV. It's the same as this video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEmriU6yNrc, his solution was to apply tin foil around the base of the antenna on the controller, this doesn't seem like a fix, just a workaround. Anyone have idea's on a fix for this? I'd really like to mount my screen to the controller instead of having to move around a tripod with the screen while flying.

Thanks!

Welcome to the party jabrake88 :D Nice first post, with lots of info, so you should get a good answer, just not from me.

That's an interesting issue you've got there. No clue how to fix it, but maybe foil in other places than you've already mentioned.

There is a great search link in my signature, follow the instructions and I'll bet a nickel you will find a suitable answer.

Enjoy the show.

I have my P2 Version 2 and a Boscam LCD5802 diversity monitor. The issue is noticeable without the Phantom even powered on so it's not related the the vtx mounted on the phantom. When I have my monitor mounted to my controller the moment I turn on the controller I get interference on the screen, rolling static and once I start flying it get's even worse and I have practically no range for my FPV. It's the same as this video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEmriU6yNrc, his solution was to apply tin foil around the base of the antenna on the controller, this doesn't seem like a fix, just a workaround. Anyone have idea's on a fix for this? I'd really like to mount my screen to the controller instead of having to move around a tripod with the screen while flying.

Thanks!

More then likely the interference problem you are having is the fault of you monitor but coming from the GoPro's video feed through the TX. Watch the video and he solved the problem by ground the USB cable.

That is some great info but I don't believe that is the same issue as I'm having. Mine doesn't need the phantom/gopro/vtx to be involved to see it. Literally just have the monitor on and power on/off the controller. Here is a quick vid I just took with my phone.

I have exactly the same setup with no problems. Just wondering if you have the LCD5802 set to the right channel on the transmitter?
It does it no matter the channel. And if I have the screen off the controller and mounted to a tripod the video is clear, only when on or directly next to the controller does this happen.

I just tried mine, it behaves just like the video you posted. Snow with the controller off, black lines when i turn the controller on.
When i turn on the phantom and go pro the fpv is perfect though. BTW I have upgraded the antennas .

That is some great info but I don't believe that is the same issue as I'm having. Mine doesn't need the phantom/gopro/vtx to be involved to see it. Literally just have the monitor on and power on/off the controller. Here is a quick vid I just took with my phone.

s the monitor still under warranty? If so send it back. You may also be covered if purchased it on amazon or ebay. Shouldn't have that kind of interference.

I don't believe so, I bought the phantom second hand and it came with it. I am thinking of getting another one and seeing if it fixes it.

More then likely the interference problem you are having is the fault of you monitor but coming from the GoPro's video feed through the TX. Watch the video and he solved the problem by ground the USB cable.

I have a Boscam and my picture is pretty good but not as good as the guys is in the picture after he did his mod. I don't have a zenmuse but I figured WTF Id give it a try o_O so I watched the video went to my puker parts cabinet, got a USB cable cut and stripped it, logged onto you tube brought up a video on how to braid four strands :eek: soldered everything carefully and all I can say it didn't do me jack diddley other than buck up a good USB cable, wasted solder, flux! Well all I can say it was worth a shot. I have spent more and got a hell of a lot less. Now time to pour me a big glass of Capt'n Morgan and go sailing! ;) ~Duke

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20