Controller Beeping During Flight

Reaction score
I have the original RC powered by AA batteries. Recently while I was flying, the RC began beeping non-stop. Nothing bad was happening on the screen, so I just assumed it was the AA batteries that had reached a low threshold of some sort and I got my Phantom back to me in a hurry and landed. (I usually change the AA's out every 15 flights or so, even though a battery checker shows them as still being good.) I popped a new set of AA's into the RC and it hasn't beeped since.

Does anyone know about how much time one has before losing control signal once that RC battery warning beeping starts? I don't recall reading anything about that.

I did an additional flight then I got pucker power and went home and got some more.

I aborted the mission mostly because I didn't know how much time I still had on the controller, but also because the constant beeping of the RC was just so annoying. Obviously meant to not be ignored, which I can appreciate. I know it would Failsafe return to home with GPS if the RC ran out of power, but it's not good practice to just keep flying and rely on that.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pitchpost